Survey: What poker concepts would you like to learn/work on the most?

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi CC - thanks for posting this really good survey question, my suggestions are:

1. Short stack play
2. Bet Sizing
3. Probabilities, hand percentages.

Arr!

Gritz18

Gritz18

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
List them in order of importance to you.
1st - Basic concepts of GTO, especially for low levels, I don't know if this applies.

2nd - Basic concepts of ICM at the final table.

3rd - Big Blind Defense, it would be interesting to know more about this requirement.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
For me there are 3 specific aspects that I working on.
1. **Mental Game**
Understanding downswings is crucial, as is recognizing whether we're experiencing bad luck or making mistakes in our own play. Often, we complain about bad beats, but when things are going well, is it because we're actually playing better, or is it just variance in our favor?

2.-**Math**
Understanding the intricate role of poker math is, for me, more than 50% of being successful. If a mistake happens because we don’t fully understand the math behind each move, that’s entirely our fault, not variance. Math should be the foundation of any good poker player.

3.- **Bankroll**
To invest or not? First, we need to honestly assess if we are capable of winning consistently at any stake. If we win some cash from freerolls, it's important to study the game and determine whether we can at least double those winnings. In other words, we need to know if we can truly be a winning player. If the answer is yes, then we should continue studying and take bankroll management seriously. And maybe we have permission to invest.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1- Discipline, staying focused on the game. ( I can neither conform or deny that I am ADHD )
2- Leaks, how to identify them and plug them up.
3- Paying Attention to what opponents are doing-how to take good notes.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Consistency and auto-piloting so you can play poker with less focus without it affecting your results too much.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Tammy

I would like to learn more about Pot Limit Omaha:

- Bets and raise sizings from different positions

- which cards to play preflop

- hands that Look strong but are average or even weak in certain situations. Other pitfalls when playing with 4 cards compared to when playing with 2 cards

Thanks 🙏

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How to survive in a tournament when there are no hands coming.

bluffing strategies and when you should or shouldn't bluff.

How to have a better reading of the game and the opponents.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am most interested in these topics at the moment:
1. Playing in the Blinds (Blind vs Blind and Big Blind Defense)
2. How to widen the hand ranges I play in different positions
3. Top ICM concepts to master (and when to implement)

Thanks!

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
1. Playing static flops when you and your opponent have deep stacks, how to play them when you are out of position and how to play them in position when you are the pre-flop aggressor. Also, learning things like how much should your bet sizing change if you have a good hand or not with this board texture.
2. Playing dynamic flops when you and your opponent have deep stacks, same thing as above but with a dynamic board texture instead of a static one.
3. How much of a difference there should be in your calling range between playing a Mystery bounty MTT and a normal MTT.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If you were able to take part in a sort of poker learning series or discussion, which topics or concepts would you be most interested in learning or participating in? Give us at least one topic, but we would love you to give us up to three. List them in order of importance to you.
I'd like to improve my postflop game.
-Postflop Out of Position.
-Postflop against 2+ players.
-When is correct to check-raise (any street).

dariana Orasma

dariana Orasma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
First you have to be emotionally stable. Do not get carried away by frustration and defeats He who plays out of necessity, loses out of obligation. It's my saying Don't involve family in your gambling decisions.

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
First you have to be emotionally stable. Do not get carried away by frustration and defeats He who plays out of necessity, loses out of obligation. It's my saying Don't involve family in your gambling decisions.
@dariana Orasma

Which subjects of poker would you like to learn more about?

dariana Orasma

dariana Orasma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
@dariana Orasma

Which subjects of poker would you like to learn more about?
I would love to learn how to manage my chips when playing. I get carried away a lot when I lose a hand. I let myself be carried away by bad decisions. I think it's my weakness. I would like you to help me with that. thank you 😊

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
1.) how to handle loose agressive players who goes all @serveral times.
2.) faster ways to calculate your odds
3.) tactics if your cards are s..t for round about 10-20 rounds and your stack is getting smaller and smaller and you feeling a bit helpless.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Which is more efficient: tournaments or cash games?
How can I stay mentally alert at the final table?

Cristiano Leite Delgado S

Cristiano Leite Delgado S

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I would like something to help me have more patience in tournaments.
I really like cash... I do well in tournaments up to 3 hours long... then I lose patience and throw out the tournament...!!!!

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Calculating pot odds, or knowing when to stay in a hand when I am chasing.

How to be profitably aggressive in a cash game.

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1. What is key difference for playing 6-max table NLH
2. Playing on FT (if you are a chip leader for example)
3. Heads-up play

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1. The physcological aspects of the variance
2. Avoiding common mistakes against known opponent profiles
3. Identifying and taking andvatage of specific opponent strategies
4. Identifying your weaknesses

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
1. playing on the turn after missing the flop and getting called with a one-color board.

2. Post-flop after missing the flop and the villain aggressing.

3. AKo when three villains go all-in with high stacks.

Sebbour

Sebbour

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I would be interested in poker learning series (not so much as discussions) similar to 30 day poker training course, but of course, with different topics or more in depth topics that were already there.

1. Psychological aspects of poker situations such as:
  • revealing bluffs early with intention to get callers later when you have the nuts or probable best hand (with difference in MTTs and cash games)
  • opponent bluff tells - in online poker - sizing, position
2. 30 day (it doesn't need to be 30 day) poker training courses for other variants such as Stud, Omaha, 5 Card Draw, Badugi, Razz, 2-7 TD/SD

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
1. Knowing the odds of making a call on a draw on the fly, not my dumb arse having to think about it a couple of minutes.
2. Credit goes to Debi who started me down this path, but so many people ignore it (including me at the time) Knowing which tournaments to choose to play to give yourself an edge.
3. Consistent betting patterns that won't give away your holdings. I don't think I'm bad at this, but when I am, I'm really bad at it :rolleyes:

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I need to work on changing gears and building stacks in tournaments. I still have room for improvements in those areas.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
1. The Mental Poker Game - I've posted in so many threads here about it and IMO this is a very important concept many good poker players don't focus on...

2. Bankroll Management - another very important aspect we can constantly improve on(not only for poker...)

3. How to study - I keep hearing "Study smarter not harder", so I'm curious how we can study more efficiently nowadays* especially time-wise...

GLGL all at the tables 💸💸💸

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The first would be bankroll management unless you are playing freerolls and nothing else.
The second would be to avoid cash games; the rake eats up so much of any profit you make.
The third is to learn to avoid tilt. This is especially true when the cards are running really bad. If you are playing hold 'em and have lost with aces three or four times in a row and people who play garbage hands keep outdrawing you, it's easy to get disspirited, but if you start playing recklessly, you won't have the same luck, guaranteed.