Are micro stakes worth it?

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Nathan “Blackrain79” Williams has played six million hands of small-stakes No-Limit Hold’em online with some of the highest win-rates in history."
"He got his first bankroll selling the play chips he had accumulated on party poker for $60 and since making the move to pokerstars he’s earned almost $30,000 at NL2 and NL5. That’s 1.5 million big blinds at NL2."

On his example, you can see that you can win good money on the microstakes :)

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can make money playing micro stakes. It just takes patience and persistence to be profitable.

V

Vasilii813

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Realistically win but you win a bit but if you lose the little. But on little money when you play you should understand that players are there to play will not proffit and go all the Bank will often happen that all the eight people were all in the Bank then I watched what was going on, some with two or three suited in the beginning, they want to catch a good stack to go through the game easily. But its where you have to pay the people there play more seriously. But the choice is yours.

G

Gambit123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can. The very low cost tournaments, Spin & Go, SNG and cash tables can be adapted to your account. The first time I deposited 10 dollars I converted them into 900 in less than one week.

Sounds unlikely to most, but winning a tournament helps which you didn't mention at first. I need to work on my late game to get that much of a big pay jump.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm planning to play on pokerstars but I don't play with big money. So are micro stakes worth it on long run. Can you make money on it?:confused::confused::confused:

Yes. Why? Because you shouldnt be "practicing" poker in your regular stakes. Want to work on your 3bets? Want to work on your bluffs? Want to work your semi-bluffs? Want to work on your SB/BB game? How about your ep1 position? How about your game on the button? Want to fix those leaks? You can work on all of those without hurting your BR...

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes u can make money.i win some 0.55 progresive KO and 1,1BB
see on winner wall ps school:waranted bounty win ;)
my interwiew:cool:

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I'm not making fun of you. I started playing the SNG KO tournaments when my Bankroll reached 50 I started playing cash and progressive KO tournaments. I won a tournament and the accumulated by eliminations and the first prize made a difference.
Ok. I believe you. Thought that You trying to tell that You won a tournament one by one. Peace:cool:

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say I'm able to win around $4/h playing zoom 0.01/0.02 while playing on four tables. It's a good way to learn the basics which is important if you're just getting started.

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely possible - if you get lucky in a freeroll, you can even build up your bankroll from nothing at all. Players are weaker at lower stakes so good place to practice your skills.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be....it is a great way to increase your bankroll and you may also find a decent amount of success since there are usually lower quality players on average playing micro stakes...

N

nunch92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually you are on the right track. You are already aware of your bankroll management. The micros are beatable. Add in a bit of study time, and you will be increasing your roll in no time.

What resources do you suggest for studying with a goal of beating micros?