Would you play differently, if somebody would watch you?

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, when someone watches it to some extent makes you take a more responsible approach to the game and control your emotions

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe so, I would play differently because I would feel the pressure of always having to play right so as not to frustrate the observer with my moves. But over time she would gain experience and I would learn to overcome the pressure of being watched.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Would you fold more/less or play more rational?
It doesn't matter to me whether my game is being watched or not. It just doesn't matter because it doesn't affect my game and my results in any way. I am always patient and take risks only when there are reasons for it.

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes, I play differently when someone is watching me. For example: if my brother is there I try to make decisions that he would also make.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well... in my case I have a defined strategy regarding how to play poker tournaments... but I always take into account the information that my opponents give me at the table... so that makes me unpredictable ... since my decisions will always be those that allow me to take advantage of a specific situation

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Usually when someone is watching you tend to play tighter, try to play safer and with more responsibility

Mahmudov041

Mahmudov041

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello
yes, I think if the audience watches me, I think I will show a better game

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, there is such a sense of responsibility, so I would play completely differently.

T

tiptools

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I generally don't like being watched when I play

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The level of thinking will not change from this)

ElScorcho008

ElScorcho008

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It doesn't change my style at all. I have had family watching me play final tables, and I just keep to my regular game plan

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well depends, if im playing to entertain ill play like i always do, if playing to teach different.

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I just don't like it when someone looks at my screen. So something is changing anyway.

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
this always confuses me in everything, I start doing everything wrong and everything turns out badly

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think so, but it would be highly criticized perhaps.:cautious::cautious::cautious:

D

diodi775

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Yes, I play better when someone is looking. It seems that I concentrate better and I will explain my reasoning to them.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes and that's why live game is too difficult for me.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I'm sure we'll have a conversation about: why I do this or that. It will definitely make a difference.

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes, I try a different strategy at this time.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I tried streaming my play online once, via Twitch, talking through my decisions out loud as I made them.

While I'm 100% certain no one was watching any of it at all, I found the process of explicitly articulating my thoughts very helpful and led to better play and fewer mistakes. Mostly because by speaking aloud I wasn't able to switch into autopilot mode, or make questionable calls 'on a hunch'.

So if no one's watching...pretend someone's watching.
Exactly! I have done similar thing, pretending like I have someone next to me who is a complete beginner and I am kind of tutoring them. It helps making more disciplined and rational decisions, thus limiting the chances to make mistakes. Funny thing is, it works in other areas, not just poker.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Would you fold more/less or play more rational?

It doesn't matter to me whether I play alone or there is someone watching me. I play relying on my skills and experience and hoping for luck. Therefore, the audience would not influence my decisions.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, I think I would play like I always do. maintaining my strategy that I usually use. If it is to share my game on a social network, I haven't done it yet, I hope to try it later and see how it goes. greetings

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, the presence of an observer or someone watching can potentially influence how poker players play. Here are a few ways in which players may alter their behavior when they are aware they are being watched:

1. Self-Consciousness: Being aware that someone is observing can make players more self-conscious about their actions, decisions, and overall performance. This self-awareness can lead to a heightened level of caution and potentially affect their natural playing style.
  2. Image Management: Players may be conscious of the image they project to the observer. They may adjust their behavior, betting patterns, or table demeanor to appear more confident, aggressive, or unpredictable. This can be an attempt to deceive or manipulate the observer's perception of their playing style.
  3. Performance Pressure: The presence of an observer, especially if they are knowledgeable or perceived as an authority, can create added pressure on the players. They may feel the need to demonstrate their skills, make fewer mistakes, or play more strategically to prove themselves. This pressure can influence their decision-making and risk-taking tendencies.
  4. Distraction: Some players may become more distracted or conscious of the observer's presence, leading to a potential decrease in focus on the game. This distraction can impact their ability to make optimal decisions and read their opponents effectively.
It's important to note that the extent to which players adjust their behavior when being watched can vary. Some players may be more affected by the presence of an observer, while others may remain largely unaffected or even use it to their advantage.

Professional poker players are typically experienced in managing the presence of observers, whether it's in live tournaments or streaming sessions. They are skilled at maintaining their focus, managing their emotions, and making sound decisions regardless of who is watching.

However, in casual games or when players are not accustomed to being observed, the impact of an observer's presence may be more noticeable. Players should be aware of these potential influences and strive to maintain their natural playing style and decision-making processes, regardless of who is watching.