Why Are Some Players So Eager to Go All-In?

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For some people, poker is a game of tactics and strategy, for others, poker is a game of bingo, and for some, it's just a game that allows you to have fun in your free time. There is no point in thinking about the motivation of other players, you will never be able to determine exactly why your opponent acted the way he did. It's better to just ignore such temporary setbacks and just move towards your goals step by step. The main thing is what motivates you, everything else is trivial :)

uravnobeshen

uravnobeshen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LV
Chips
Either they are having fun, are very confident in their hand, or have no clue what they are doing.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Lakk of pacience 😁 and deșire to a quick double up for sure 😜

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are players who are simply used to spending money on the game. You could say it's their subconscious habit, their subconscious goal. To come and spend. This is how most slot machine players behave. And so when such a player starts playing poker, he simply doesn't realise it, but instead of playing poker, he actually plays on a slot machine, his goal is either to double up or just spend money to move to another slot machine.

olejean

olejean

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maybe it's their mood today or their style.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Many don't know how to play the game 😅🤣🤣

S

SpaceMage

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. Today is one of those days when the variance made me lose more than once against these characters, the typical case of AA or KK losing against 7-2o or similar. So, regardless of the fact that everyone can play as they wish, I wonder what is the motivation for these types of movements? I can't understand it, it's as if instead of playing poker they play in a slot machine. Maybe someone can enlighten me about this phenomenon.
The main reason in my opinion is they do not want to play the tournament for a long time and only min cash.
They would rather crash out of 9 out of 10 tournaments very early and reach the higher prizes in the 10th tournament.
Each game lasts two hours. Playing all ten normally takes 20 hours and they get $5.00 winnings. Playing all-in in all ten takes two hours and a few minutes to be knocked out of each of the other nine and they get $5.00.

Not good game play but it works for them. All everybody else needs to do is sit and wait for their opportunity to take them out for the stack increase.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well if I think my hand is better than the villain why not try to go all in pred flop? That's is literally poker.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe they are very impulsive and don't know how to extract chips

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes, many people put all their dirty hands in the pot.....There can be several reasons for this! If we're talking about freerolls, they literally push with every card there, because the game has no stakes and there are many players....Also, I've already met a player in an $80 tournament at GG poker who beat my QQ pair pre-flop with 2-7 cards. ...so there are a lot of idiots, and unfortunately at every bet....there are those who have 80-100 dollars, like other people's freeroll....and such figures have bracelets....

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi. Today is one of those days when the variance made me lose more than once against these characters, the typical case of AA or KK losing against 7-2o or similar. So, regardless of the fact that everyone can play as they wish, I wonder what is the motivation for these types of movements? I can't understand it, it's as if instead of playing poker they play in a slot machine. Maybe someone can enlighten me about this phenomenon.
In each tournament, there are about 10-20% of players who just play roulette. This is their typical entertainment. They either win quickly or lose quickly. And none of this really matters, of course everyone can play the way they want, but I have to say that the players who play roulette instead of poker are overwhelmingly players who regularly spend money on the game. They pay for entertainment, so I think it's fair and all we have to do is accept this fact :)

s0ftdumps

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
The main reason in my opinion is they do not want to play the tournament for a long time and only min cash.
They would rather crash out of 9 out of 10 tournaments very early and reach the higher prizes in the 10th tournament.
Each game lasts two hours. Playing all ten normally takes 20 hours and they get $5.00 winnings. Playing all-in in all ten takes two hours and a few minutes to be knocked out of each of the other nine and they get $5.00.

Not good game play but it works for them. All everybody else needs to do is sit and wait for their opportunity to take them out for the stack increase.
It seems like a strategy designed to maximize efficiency by minimizing time spent on each game, even if it means losing most of the time. While this "all-in" approach can occasionally pay off with a significant win, it's generally not considered good gameplay as it relies heavily on luck rather than skill. Other players can indeed capitalize on this by waiting for the right moment to knock them out and increase their own stacks.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The stronger and more extensive your knowledge of poker, the less often you want to play Allin's - and vice versa. It's simple.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Some players do it because the thrill of risking it all can be exhilarating, and they might enjoy the adrenaline rush. Others might believe they can maximize their potential winnings by pushing opponents to fold. Some use all-ins as a bluffing tactic to pressure opponents or to exploit weaker players. Additionally, less experienced players may not fully understand the strategic implications and might go all-in out of frustration, impatience, alcohol or drugs )

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bingo Scoundrels is a style of play that relies more on luck than skill

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Some players play many tables and are not so attentive. They go allin in hope they double up then can play more passively