Why are so many people who play poker so frustrated?

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are a lot of people who play poker frustrated because there are few who actually win money and the rest only lose it.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Cause it´s a game of luck not skill at all.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cause it´s a game of luck not skill at all
In the short run there is a lot of luck involved but in the long run poker is skill game.

In my very experience only people who dont really understand how this game works think its a game of luck. Loosing players/Beginners/People who only heard from Poker or saw it on Tv etc.

Last edited:
EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Because they're taking their ego to the table and think they should be winning every good starting hand that they play.

neptunas888

neptunas888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
because they play poorly and therefore lose a lot:(

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Didn't notice that - maybe is just lack of something else... 🙂

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Till I saw this thread I did not think that most people who play poker were frustrated. I still don't. Most people seem to enjoy playing the game, whether competitively or just as a way to spend some free time.

What led you to ask the question?

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Maybe they were hoping to make money quickly or they thought it would be easier, but it is a game that you should like despite the losses you may have.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
Because people don't want to look at things realistically. Poker is a great game that can generate income, but for this you need to work hard and persistently on yourself and your skills, and then there is a chance that after 3-5 or 7 years you will be able to reach a certain level of skill and receive a stable income. But most beginners, already after a year of playing, think that they are almost professionals and feel bitter disappointment when they do not achieve the desired results.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A lot of inexperienced people trying to score and getting frustrated.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see people complaining, but one of the principles of a real poker player is very different from those who play simply with the aim of making money, I play for love, to have fun, to test some moves, to detect bluffs, knowing that I could lose at any moment, I don't complain and I don't get frustrated either

S

stank12345

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
because you can play perfectly and still lose hands usually if you play another game very well you are rewarded with a win but not necessarily in poker

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A lot of people play poker because they think it is a get rich quick scheme. They see the pros on the TV or hear about the payouts at a large tournament and think wouldn't that be a great way to earn a living, just hitting 6 figure scores all the time.

The reality of course is very different. These players have no appreciation or even comprehension of the amount of hard work and effort it takes to become a pro and then how much more effort it takes to continue to play at that level.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would think that during play their expectations get destroyed by a card on the river, and at times this occurs over and over thus leading to TILT and frustration. purely a human emotion

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think that to avoid frustration you have to be a conscious player, know when to stop, start with the freerolls, and play according to your bankroll while managing it, because there will always be losses, you just have to know how to organize and manage it.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I think that to avoid frustration you have to be a conscious player, know when to stop, start with the freerolls, and play according to your bankroll while managing it, because there will always be losses, you just have to know how to organize and manage it.
but if i can't stop i mean if i have 1000 dollars i want to convert it to 10000 or 0

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are stating this, like its a fact. But what exactly is "so many", and where do you have this information from? For sure you can find posts in this forum, which indicate frustration, like bad beat vents, talk about downswings or claims, that online sites are rigged. But its like with everything else, that those, who are really unhappy with something, are more likely to talk about it online than the general population. So these posts hardly represent the entire poker playing population.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You are stating this, like its a fact. But what exactly is "so many", and where do you have this information from? For sure you can find posts in this forum, which indicate frustration, like bad beat vents, talk about downswings or claims, that online sites are rigged. But its like with everything else, that those, who are really unhappy with something, are more likely to talk about it online than the general population. So these posts hardly represent the entire poker playing population.
my years of experience are enough for me to understand because I'm not a total scumbag
where there is a success story, even if there is one, it is followed by 1000 failures

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my years of experience are enough for me to understand because I'm not a total scumbag
where there is a success story, even if there is one, it is followed by 1000 failures
Not quite sure what your point is? Sure there are failures in poker like people trying to go pro but failing. Or people with gambling problems, who hurt themselfes financially and emotionally. But just because someone lose money in poker, does not mean, its a failure, or that their life is miserable. Most other recreational activities are also not free and can easily be more expensive than poker.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
People get disappointed in poker because they think they are good enough to win. But in reality, they have no skills or experience, they don't want to learn and work on themselves. And as a result, they lose money and feel disappointed.