Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Previous hand with that villain. I 4BB. He had just joined the table

#Game No : 1494911946
***** 888poker Hand History for Game 1494911946 *****
400/800 Blinds No Limit Holdem - ***
Tournament #254769199 Free 10 Max (real money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 8
Seat 1: scamp123 ( 9,730 )
Seat 2: Andriy31078 ( 1,000 )
Seat 3: mikello1958 ( 6,675 )
Seat 5: Gban777 ( 15,070 )
Seat 6: Ekone ( 29,648 )
Seat 7: Dellcruz2311 ( 35,274 )
Seat 8: maffi87 ( 7,064 )
Seat 10: Chriztopf ( 35,895 )
Dellcruz2311 posts ante [100]
Ekone posts ante [100]
mikello1958 posts ante [100]
maffi87 posts ante [100]
scamp123 posts ante [100]
Chriztopf posts ante [100]
Gban777 posts ante [100]
Andriy31078 posts ante [100]
Chriztopf posts small blind [400]
scamp123 posts big blind [800]
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Ekone [ Kc, Qd ]
Andriy31078 raises [900]
mikello1958 folds
Gban777 calls [900]
Ekone calls [900]
Dellcruz2311 folds
maffi87 folds
Chriztopf raises [3,200]
scamp123 folds
Gban777 folds
Ekone calls [2,700]
** Dealing flop ** [ 5s, 7c, 5c ]
Chriztopf bets [6,996]
Ekone folds
** Dealing turn ** [ 2s ]
** Dealing river ** [ 6c ]
** Summary **
Andriy31078 shows [ 8c, Jd ]
Chriztopf shows [ 7d, 6s ]
Chriztopf collected [ 5,400 ]
Chriztopf collected [ 5,200 ]

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It makes me kind of sad when I read posts by people who say how angry they get when they lose. Now that is something I just don't get at all.There is no benefit at all in getting angry....in fact quite the opposite. Anger is such a negative emotion...it will have you on monster-tilt in no time at all, which can end up being really expensive!!!!

It is so much better to take a deep breath, relax, and think about the hand....like, did I do anything wrong? What could I have done better? You cannot think clearly like that in a fit of anger, so you end up repeating the mistakes and getting more angry and losing more money and so on. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON !!!
There are a lot of angry and nervous players. I am from Ukraine and there are unfortunately a lot of such inadequate players among Ukrainians. People are stupid and just don't understand that this negative energy, anger and nerves only bring them harm.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Less now) And before that, like gunpowder)

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It makes me kind of sad when I read posts by people who say how angry they get when they lose. Now that is something I just don't get at all.There is no benefit at all in getting angry....in fact quite the opposite. Anger is such a negative emotion...it will have you on monster-tilt in no time at all, which can end up being really expensive!!!!

It is so much better to take a deep breath, relax, and think about the hand....like, did I do anything wrong? What could I have done better? You cannot think clearly like that in a fit of anger, so you end up repeating the mistakes and getting more angry and losing more money and so on. KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON !!!
Golden words, and everyone knows about it, but not everyone can cope with it.:)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be a person without nerves not to react to a loss.:)

s0ftdumps

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hmmm, can't say I agree with the post but realize there could be be an issue with a lack of clarity.

If you are talking about tilt and then letting tilt affect one's game, then right, I agree gon4ippes. I am very disciplined when it comes to tilt.

However, I find the idea of not expressing anger at all a little pointless.

A quick angry vent lets off steam and we all do so pretty much all day long. We drop food on the floor, we miss a deadline, someone is rude to us. We don't then prescribe or advise 'oh, never get angry in life'. We accept we are going to get annoyed and work through it. Most of us are not walking around rage filled 24/7 because we 'allow' ourselves to be annoyed in the moment.

So in poker I feel I am right to anger when some idiot plays a weak hand against me and sucks out. I do not tilt, it does not affect my next hand, but I do not pretend it has not (or should not) affect me in the moment. Things seldom last long with me but on occasions a bad beat/fluke hand has bugged me for the rest of the day. And to be frank, as we are all human I actually believe that is how we are supposed to react.
Expressing anger, when done constructively, can be a healthy way to release tension and move on. It's about finding that balance where you acknowledge your emotions without letting them control your actions or decision-making process. As long as anger doesn't lead to tilt or negatively impact your game, it can be a momentary release that helps you stay composed in the long run.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
At first it did bother me. not now ! You just have to be patient and we will achieve long-term profits.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Anger benefits nobody but a little outburst can always perk up oneself. Turn things to a giggle.
I love insulting myself but that's because I love being on the receiving end of a good insult. Brought up on insults and put downs.
Keep calm and Carry on.
Love, Laugh, and Live a bit longer.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It surprises me to see that some people don't understand that not everyone can control their emotions, like anger or excitement. I'd say only a small percentage of people are truly capable of managing their emotions, especially when faced with significant triggers.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Anger can be controlled and takes time and a lot of practice, but it cannot be eliminated.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
People are evil, I agree with you. I think people are evil because they are primarily stupid, envious and greedy.