Superstitions

s0ftdumps

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Players come up with different “things” to attract Lady Fortune to their side. Whether it brings results is another matter.Poker figures are used, they come in a wide variety: from animals to cars, from superheroes to coins.Tournament participants believe that these talismans will bring them, if not victory, then definitely a place at the final table.Poker players can be superstitious as much as they want, but the only thing that matters is how much they know how to play. Over the long term, a weak online poker player will be of little help from a good seat at the cash table. It is better to practice and improve your skills day by day to achieve winnings.
it’s fascinating how many poker players turn to various talismans to try to sway luck in their favor. From animals and cars to superheroes and coins, these tokens can be as unique as the players themselves. While these superstitions might offer a psychological boost or a sense of comfort, they can't substitute for solid skills and strategy.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My superstition is the very first hand of a tournament: Even with pocket ACEs I don't want to go all in.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't have any. I'm not superstitious in life either.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Nothing for me sir 😁, all i have to do before a tournament or a poker game is just to have a good meal 😁😄

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not a superstition... it's true that AQ is cursed (for me), cursed I tell you.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am skeptical about any superstitions and poker is no exception!!!

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Each player has their own! Mine is to start the tournament well, if it doesn't start well... I don't think I'll make it!

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
i don't like playing any 36 hand, i feel it's unlucky. i'm also childish and sometimes overplay 69 hands

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In most cases, if a person knows how to play, he has experience, confidence, then he does not need any talismans and no superstitions will scare him.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does anyone have any superstitions about how to play a hand, tournament etc>
I don't believe in superstitions or omens, but I do believe in rules. I believe in the rules of bankroll management and following these rules helps me to achieve good results. I also believe in playing with good cards, not junk.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
In broadcasts and movies, you often see that players brought mascot item to the table, in the case of online poker this is not visible.
I don't think they make any sense, but if someone believes in it, just do it, not my business.
Horoscopes are also followed by many people, but mostly it's all pointless.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
When you believe in things that you don't understand, then you suffer...

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not believe in omens, superstitions, talismans, amulets and so on. I think only those people who simply lack confidence in themselves, in their skills and experience believe in such things. I'm not saying that this is bad, but I don't see much good in such beliefs either.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my only superstition is not to complain about anything, but guess this is not a superstition

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Certainly! Many poker players hold superstitions about gameplay. Some carry lucky charms like coins or wear specific clothing for luck. Card protectors are used to ward off bad luck, and seating preferences are common, with players believing certain spots are luckier. Pre-game rituals, such as a particular way of shuffling or focusing mentally, also play a role. These beliefs highlight how superstitions can affect players' perceptions and decisions at the poker table.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My superstitions :
1. Playing a hand with good, strong cards.
2. Play in tournaments that I can afford according to my bankroll management.
3. To be patient and not to lose concentration.
4. Not to take risks in situations in which I do not have confidence in the strength of my hand, there will always be another chance.
5. Step by step, move to the top.