poker bots

cardsking

cardsking

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given a bot is a program, it would be playing based purely on the math with incorporation possibly if programmed well enough to pick up on tendancies from players based on its own incorporation of stats from the hud softwares.

If developed well enough a bot would mathematically make all of the correct decisions and in the long run should ultimately show a profit. Even if someone recognizes it as a bot its no different then recognizing a nit who is playing the math of the game rather than the players of the game. They may get had from time to time with being bluffed but in many cases the odds out the bluffs should be cought enough times to where a profit should still come from volume played.

Just my thought, being a programmer and knowing that given enough effort and time to develop, a bot (program) could be created as a mathamatically perfect poker player. This alone could give an understanding as to why people may still not trust playing poker online, but of course playing the perfect math only could be considered a leak in the bots game as well.

Thanks,
Bluff

Most of the popular sites consantly try to avoid BOTS and so bots affecting games is only an allegation . The poker sites use verification process that only real people ply & make their tables safe to play for normal HUMAN players .

So i think people should just remove the dounth in their minds and play their game accordin to the odds and can out do any odd and also any bot that stands in their way .

Good luck

A

AvaloNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But seriously is there even a way of telling if there is a bot at the table you're at? and if so are they illegal and what site can you have bots on. I am interested in seeing a bot play. YOUTUBE TIME

iPoker network is supposedly full of bots ( or at least it was 2 years ago).

Here is an older article about poker bots on the iPoker network, if you want to know more about the way they work:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/w...iPoker-Network:-Where-Things-Now-Stand_52477/

And some videos of them playing cash games and tournaments:

Generally, they're very exploitable and easy to play against.

F

famfirst21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker bots are supposed to be easy money if you're a player and run into one. i haven't ever ran into one myself yet. what sites allow bots and how widespread are they? could i use one to profit myself? i'm interested too like the OP
if you go to sportsbetting.ag or sportsbetting.com to play there they run amuck lol if you hover over a players name and it says there location its a bot the others that dnt allow theres to be viewed are real ppl the others are all def bots trust me if called out my losses and stunned ppl when i guessed ive also ran into a person who can see whole cards as well its a very tricky site tho but if you play wicked wicked tight you tend to get pretty far into the tourny and venture off into other hands like K10 suited and off and or like K9 or A7 and other various hands as such the further u are in the tourny usually after second break if you played the first 2 and survived let me know your efforts and make good money. Oh and by the way for US players its a 50 Min

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just got through reading Nathan Klushberg's book on poker bots. he offers a free download of one but seems like a scam to me even though he offers advice on how to avoid them. anyone's thoughts on pokerbots?
What name is the book?Where to download?I have no idea what poker bots is.

T

tiantianchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
modern poker bots can be very advanced. I've seen reports saying that bots beat NL500 online games

X

xlmnx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All this talk of bots is scary i would be disappointed if i lost the last of my money to a bot and knew it was... I try not to think about it.

cardsking

cardsking

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not sure but I played maybe a Bot in a Sit n go tournament at full tilt poker .
I really remembered it , it says its from canada because it gave me easy money that day :)
Everytime , it used to Fold when i raise before the Cards turn . So i observed it and started doin it , and it ran out of blinds :)
And went for a rematch and played against it for 5 times :) and won
Some bots are good hearted :)

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots are pretty exploitable if you can guarantee that you've found one at your table.

scorpion1367

scorpion1367

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting info.I had heard about bots but did not think it was a major problem.Makes me glad I chose to try to build a bankroll thru freeolls .Just another reason to be leery of depositing on these sites imo.........scorp

italiano

italiano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they were bots should be easier to make money as the fish! The truth that I have not read that book so very little I can get to help you!

ChronicFish

ChronicFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just hope they dont have them at
bovada that would really suck :(

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think there are bots at the level I play. And I think the bots can be read easily, so dont worry about them. ;)

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BetOnline is about 65% bots and NEVER go to showdown with one! They will take your chips 99.89% of the time. It's so bad I quit playing their because I suspect BOL is the ones running the bots & gives them an advantage because they will beat AA with 2 4 off or other similar bull every time.
A lot of people say you can tell which ones are bots because they show their physical location when you hold the cursor over their name. From what I've experienced this is true. People chat a lot on BOL but the "bot" suspects have never & other real players from BOL will tell you the same.
Sportsbetting is same bs too.

Not to change this topic but...
I'm curious how "sportsbetting is the same bs too"? Are you not the one picking the team or the over/under?

J

jcdagenius

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bots are around still....just have to spot them....some will buy in for whatever your stack is I have found out......they are beatable but they will beat you often going to showdown

S

Skidis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they keep referring to you as "human" in conversation, i'd say it's probably a bot...or an alien

Hahaha that maked my day ;) Interessting about bots btw :)

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One interesting thing about bots is that if a network allows them, a large number of bots can distort the statistics, so that it makes it look like there is something wrong with the random number generator the site uses to generate cards.

RajDev1979

RajDev1979

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker bots are not new, but until recently they were not very good. Humans were better at the nuances of the game like bluffing and could routinely beat the machines. I can find them on big tables, there all players seems to me bots :((

loafes

loafes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the sounds of it I would think that bots would be an excellent tool for fixed limit holdem. That's basically all maths and virtually no bluffing at the low limits, I'd guess that a not wouldn't even be hugely exploitable in a FL game either.

W

winflipsallday

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran into a bot playing $24 hyper turbos on Black Chip... and it was malfunctioning some how... it would blind itself out every hand, but then AUTO-REMATCH every time. Happened for like at least 20 straight games, I even screen recorded it and sent it into Black Chip saying that they had a bot on their site (and it was purely evident that it was a bot). Next week I see the same player playing again, but this time, it was more human like. I'm sure people run the bots for the majority of the time, and then will manually play some games to keep it under the radar.

B

bernotas22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wouldn't the poker site detect that you are running some bot poker program and then close down your account? another thing is the programs themselves aren't that available are they?

Akorps

Akorps

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ran into a bot playing $24 hyper turbos on Black Chip... and it was malfunctioning some how... it would blind itself out every hand, but then AUTO-REMATCH every time. Happened for like at least 20 straight games ...

I ran into a slot machine like that one time, when I was just a kid, at Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen. Great fun for a kid, when the machine pays out every time :)

J

jamesponce

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But what I would like to know is why would someone want to use a bot with their own real money? How do you now this bot isnt' going to just crap out and fold every time its raised 5x the blinds. I would never trust a bot.

dolchinkov

dolchinkov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bots are around still....just have to spot them....some will buy in for whatever your stack is I have found out......they are beatable but they will beat you often going to showdown

Hi! Ónly hear about this, but didn't see it!I've seen some accounts like "32b4c23g4c3" but don't (alias) account like bot.