Can poker be a stable source of income or career?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a lot depends on your mentality, it’s difficult for a family person to hope for a stable income from such a variable game, but if you invest your winnings from poker into passive income, it’s ideal for me

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
When I see professional players I think yes, in my case it is a help because I have a job and the winnings from poker help me with some expenses at home

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes it can be, but is not easy at all.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
how can you earn regular salaries in poker, or even many times more, but not everyone will be able to do it

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, many players work with this, to be a poker professional you need to dedicate yourself a lot and learn to deal with losses

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the skill level of the player. Some players make millions of dollars and that’s pretty stable imo.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think was yes, in the long time.. is more security what standard works...
Sorry for my level of english, I am from Argentine, with the time and with more practise, i can speak with more propierty, gramathicly speaking.. or in order of gramatic, i think last option is more right.. hehe, successes and gl in the tables!
Of course, poker can be a source of income in the long run. But you should always understand that your risks should be diversified. So, if something goes wrong, you should also have other sources of income that can offset certain not-so-good periods of your game. In other words, in addition to poker, you should also have a job :)

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I don't know, it didn't matter to me.I'd rather just believe that 1-2 successful races can bring big money than constantly finishing in good places.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
like with anything if you put in time and dedication i think it's possible

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no doubt that poker can be a constant source of income, but not every player has it.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, poker can be a stable source of income or career for skilled players who manage their finances and approach the game with discipline and strategic thinking.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If you play systematically in the long term it is profitable. It is difficult to synchronize the profits with the bills if you play like a job. So the main target will be to succeed some bigger games to make a stack for life's needs!

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Stable is not a term I find myself using when discussing poker.
This, you can live of poker, it is hard but you can, but not a stable money, you got to have a really nice plan to the variance.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, however, this is only possible if you are able to be a better player every day and are constantly evolving, but for this, you will have to have a financial reserve, because you could face a bad period of losses and Having a financial reserve is very important so that it doesn't influence your game, discipline to play the AVG that you beat the field, and always seek knowledge and always review your game.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Poker can be an additional source of income, but to be the main one, the player must be a professional.