Is poker a real way to live?

s0ftdumps

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It has always been sold as a fantaYour perspective highlights the multifaceted nature of poker, combining elements of strategy, psychology, and disciplined management. It's a complex but rewarding journey for those who approach it with the right mindset.sy to live on popker, but we must understand something, a main characteristic for the success of anything we set out to ourselves is discipline and having a clear plan with rules that we respect. Before placing the first chip on the table, we should have all the possibilities in our head, allowing us to have gaming options, exits, and the limit of losses assumed based on capital at risk, are things that have nothing to do directly with poker, when it ceases to be a hobby and becomes a business, which is very easy to make mistakes if we let the ego, bad decisions or simply bad luck take over the decisions, in short, it is always a topic where psychology (Pokerface) and other variables will go hand in hand with this whole process.
Your perspective highlights the multifaceted nature of poker, combining elements of strategy, psychology, and disciplined management. It's a complex but rewarding journey for those who approach it with the right mindset.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Friend, for me you made a perfect analogy between poker and life.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not available to the overwhelming number of players.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think it is difficult and not everyone can make a living from poker, but there is a percentage of players who achieve significant gains annually

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that very few people know about this. Play poker with pleasure.

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no u def could find something way better in your life.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It could be if you have a very good start to build a bankrolll and then to play tourneys with larges prizes and make în the prizes 😁

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be a job for sure, there are many poker pros to prove this. But it is easy? Definitely not. I prefer a more stable job than poker. Also I don't think that playing for 8-9 hours daily and 5-6 days a week it's very fun, I think I would be very stressed.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In many professions, people over the years, having gained experience, become professionals and earn a lot, you can become a professional in poker, but this does not always guarantee a great outcome.

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
you have many ways to live your life, why is poker can't be one of these ways?

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It has always been sold as a fantasy to live on popker, but we must understand something, a main characteristic for the success of anything we set out to ourselves is discipline and having a clear plan with rules that we respect. Before placing the first chip on the table, we should have all the possibilities in our head, allowing us to have gaming options, exits, and the limit of losses assumed based on capital at risk, are things that have nothing to do directly with poker, when it ceases to be a hobby and becomes a business, which is very easy to make mistakes if we let the ego, bad decisions or simply bad luck take over the decisions, in short, it is always a topic where psychology (Pokerface) and other variables will go hand in hand with this whole process.
Making money playing poker is not an easy task. Many players think that they will be able to have fun while playing and earn money at the same time, but then, over time, such players will be disappointed. Only those who put in enough effort, those who have shown discipline and patience earn money, while everyone else is just wasting their money and time :)

olejean

olejean

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Maybe, but if your health will be pay off such kind of business.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To make a living from poker, you have to have a lot of money, and if you have a lot of money you don't need to live from poker, because it's a game of chance, even if some people say you have to study blah blah blah.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Making money playing poker is not an easy task. Many players think that they will be able to have fun while playing and earn money at the same time, but then, over time, such players will be disappointed. Only those who put in enough effort, those who have shown discipline and patience earn money, while everyone else is just wasting their money and time :)
agree 100%

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
To make a living from poker, you have to have a lot of money, and if you have a lot of money you don't need to live from poker, because it's a game of chance, even if some people say you have to study blah blah blah.
I don't think a person needs to have a lot of money to be able to make a living from poker.
Are you suggesting that studying isn't necessary because the it is merely a game of chance? If so, then why are some players consistently making money over the long run and others are not? Is it that they are just luckier? Or perhaps because they had more money to begin with?

I've often read statements on Cardschat where the member states "If I had a lot of money, I could also be a professional player."
IF this were even remotely true, then why aren't those CC members getting staked by someone and grinding up a bankroll for themselve's so that they can be that player who has money and therefore can be a pro? Or start off small and build your bankroll while playing on your own dime (playing without backer).
Personally there has been times I've contemplated playing for a backer. I think having to be disciplined to put in a certain amount of expected volume of play along with receiving coaching would be really good for one's game and might give a person a much better chance at realizing their dreams of becoming a poker pro (vs. just trying to make it on their own). fwiw I never have and it's mostly because I've always been too busy with work &/or caretaking my sick partner. Even these past few years I've wanted to strive to be a low stakes MTT grinder (part-time, a few days/week) but it has never happened due to LIFE making it impossible for me to do so (so... change your priorities you might say. That's impossible for me to do due to other responsibilities that make the daily time commitment impossible). So for now, I study poker, I play 'cash games', & I watch/study/rail Tournament poker... because Tournament poker is what I really want to do AND I'd like to be able to make a side income from it... enough that it'd cover my daily living expenses. Maybe next year ;) (maybe next month?)

Organize a Home Poker Game