Online poker is rigged

KyleJRM

KyleJRM

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have 999JJ & lose to JJJ99 (3 times the other night I had a full house, only to lose to a larger full house)

Board reading is fundamental. It doesn't matter how big your hand is in the hierarchy of poker hands, it matters how big it is relative to the board.

NYislanders

NYislanders

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED i tell ya

Go GIANTS

giants.jpg

M

MrSwissCheese

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
How can people know if something is rigged if it is a gamble/random game. Luck is random. People only remember the bad beats in their games in the past... Maybe thats why people think they are luck-cursed or pokerroom-rigged. Pokerstars, fulltilt make tons of money already why would they scam us

That's close, but I think people only remember the bad beats because when they win with good cards, it's their God given right to win that hand.

Winning is expected, losing is a bad beat.

mogadown

mogadown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another home game bad beat

Once again... Home game on Saturday... was getting short stacked...

Blinds were 10k/20k... Woke up with AA and pushed in all my chips with 150K... was called with QJ suited. Q came on the turn AND the river.

When these bad beats happen you have to take into consideration "where did I get all my money in"?? If I get my money in with the best hand and lose, I dont get upset. Its poker. It happens. (my home game wasnt rigged)

Even if I considered playing with a marked deck, it still wouldnt have increased my odds.

Mogadown
FullTilt

RickH2005

RickH2005

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rigged?? THIS should prove it's not rigged! After 2 1/2 hours of play--I made THIS MUCH MONEY!:D

Buy-In: $1.00/$0.10
743 players
Total Prize Pool: $743.00
Tournament started - 2008/10/20 - 06:00:00 (ET)

Dear RickH2005,

You finished the tournament in 94th place.
A $1.48 award has been credited to your real money account.

Last edited:
Huck45

Huck45

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rick,
Very astute observation. This further helps to prove our point that online poker IS NOT rigged. Congrats on the cash. You kicked and scratched and out lasted 650 players. Hold your head high.
That's .38 you didn't have at the beginning of the day.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If online poker is rigged, it is rigged to make me a steady profit month after month, so I'm all for it!! Rig away!!!!!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to agree with them and say things like

"OMG! Yes! I hate PokerStar's river! It always gets me!"

And then if I'm lucky, I'll get beat on the river and I'll say "See! OMG! EVERYTIME!"

USFDoh

USFDoh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to tell them that to turn off the rigging, they can press ALT+F4 and they should be OK.

Goodwooter

Goodwooter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i ask them if they think it is rigged then why are they playing?

L

lostcause

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing online poker for many years now and I can honestly say me and other players have noticed a big change in how the cards are falling. I cant tell you how many times I have lost to quads with trip aces or other high trip hands. Hell in one game I seen quads 4 times, now does anyone here think that is realistic?? I have went from 8hr days of playing online poker to playing all live for the most part because of what I have been seeing recently. I play online for fun now only mainly freerolls. The last heads up game was what really did it for me when I was playing a 20 dollar heads up against aggressive player who raised and called my every bet. Finally I get the bullets I waste no time and push all in. He instacalls with pkt 2s. Flop comes 22k 4th is Ace 5th is a rag card. Common sense says you dont risk your whole stack when we are even in chips with pkt 2s. Call it poor play call it lucky call it what you will, that is a flat out stupid. To many bingo players online it seems these days, I will keep my real money flowing on live games. Best of luck all who play online as I have made good money over the years. My run was good for sometime online and I wish everyone else the same. Best of luck on the felts!!!

I was playing live 2-4 limit holdem and in one 8 hour session there were 8 quads that night. How realistic is that? Well it happened and so it is no surprise that you only had 4 quads when live is less hands. Ok that beat is no where near as bad as mine. And mine happened live. 1-2 no limit I have pocket aces raise 30 dollars preflop get a caller. Flop comes Kc Qs 7h I push all for $90 and the guy thinks and finally calls with Ad 2d and the turn is a 2 and the river is a 2. That was my worst beat ever. Nothing online has topped that one yet. Their bad play live translates into bad play online. So the beats online don't even stun me. Mainly cause the play I see live is 100 times worst.

i desire love

i desire love

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They say its rigged cauz its there only argument. They cant say live poker is rigged, cause well, its random cards. With computers well they can say its rigged but everyone will get somw downhills moments in a poker career, its normal. Just make the right play and be happy.

tertip

tertip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i have that felling too but after a while when you play you see that is not only lucky or unluck.
you have to play your style when u are a good player you will win more then you lose :)

Babynut

Babynut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People say is rigged so they don't have to take responsibility for their mistakes. "It's not my fault I lost... the game is rigged", whatever........ you lost because you made a mistake face up to it.