Is it possible to pursue a career like Negreanu's?

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I believe so, it is possible to have a professional career in poker, in addition to studying a lot, you have to have a lot of experience to be able to improve, read hands better, etc.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, it is possible to pursue a career as a professional poker player like Daniel Negreanu. However, it takes a great deal of skill, dedication, and hard work to achieve the level of success that he has. It is also important to understand that the poker landscape has changed over the years, and the competition is more fierce than ever. Many players now utilize advanced strategies and technology to gain an edge, so it is important to stay up to date with the latest developments in the game. To succeed as a professional poker player, you need to be disciplined, patient, and willing to put in the time and effort necessary to hone your skills and compete at the highest level.
I think it is more possible than impossible :)
It's just like if you asked if a person could choose to become an astronaut and fly into space. Of course, yes, he can. Daniel Negriano is just a professional player. Can a person achieve professionalism in the field of activity he or she has chosen, whether it is medicine, art or sports? Yes, of course, each of us can become a professional, but we should not forget that it is a long way, it is hard daily work for many years.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
your basically pursuing the best of all time for some, so, its possible but pretty difficult in my opinion, he is an before and after in this sport.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe that it would be very hard to get in the position that he has. Didn't he have two bullets in the $250k high roller at the wsop and bust both.

I saw a simulation the other day where if your ROI was 5% in those events then your bankroll needs to be $50m+ just for the variance.

A lot of his money has probably been made with sponsorship deals and other businesses like his full contact poker site.

Still allows him to play the events and put in the work to be a competitive player though.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No not anymore imo. He and others got famous during the pokerboom which is long gone.

He built up his "brand" during that time.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you have the money, it's very possible to lose $2 million in one year!

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is possible, you just need to work hard and study hard. Practice leads to perfection

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I don't think so, you can be successful, but not like him, big prices, big losses, big sponsors.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, few people will be able to do this, but it is possible to win 100-200 salaries.

L

Laindesty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Yes, it’s definitely possible to pursue a career like Daniel Negreanu's, but it takes a lot of skill, dedication, and hard work. The poker landscape has changed, and the competition is tougher with advanced strategies and tech being used. Staying up to date with the latest developments in the game is crucial.

Discipline, patience, and the willingness to put in the effort are key to succeeding as a professional poker player. If you’re still hunting for more info on career options, I came across some details that you can train online to be a residential locksmith. I think it's always good to explore different paths.

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes dedication and comitment cant be enough to succed. Cant every player posses what Naegranu got. Everything is possible, sure, but also dreams aint true.
Nothing can be said surely like this. Its not every thing about study and stuff. Sometimes u have to be born with it.
I agree completely! Study, practice and dedication will get you so far. Lots of people can be good, even very good poker players (or athletes, or scientists, or pilots, etc.) but few will be great. You'll know at a young age if you are one. Pursue your dreams, but be realistic.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone will do it, but you would need to dedicate your life to it, someone else does always come along.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you have a great desire, 1 million dollars just to play poker and an IQ of more than 100, then without a doubt- Yes.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you have enough money to lose, yes go ahead.