Hand History Audit

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not great ... but i am pretty knowladgeable on the THEORY of poker...(the actually theories, not hte book lol) so i could help if needed, but i'm not tooting my horn.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
juiceeQ said:
F.P. is a great nominee; I nominate Jesus Lederer, Dorkus, and tenbob. Just throwing some names out there. We have so many great players here, it's hard to just nominate a few.

Not that hard, obviously.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I 2nd FP JL TB Dork.
All panal members must be able to dispassionately and analytically critique the a body of work without casting judgment on one or two questionable hands.

They must remain proffessional and refrain from disparaging comments which may be seen as insulting or lacking purpose.

They should be relatively well read and have a strong enough knowledge conventional poker strategy to take various playing styles into consideration.

While appraising someone elses play, the betting patterns and behaviors of opponents must be considered.

Notice to anyone thinking of submitting a session for review. If your feelings are easiliy hurt, don't.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I don't usually track my played hands but I know my game needs work. Let's say my hand history is a college thesis paper. It will be covered in red ink for corrections and mistakes.

Jesus Lederer

Jesus Lederer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the nomination but i can´t accept because i know i wouldn´t do a good job. I´m in the beggining of my poker career and consider myself as a newbie. I just can´t compare myself with players like FP, Dorkus or tenbob. Also i´m very bad analyzing hands, i don´t consider i have too much to contribute when there are already great replies by better players. That´s the reason of why i prefer reading the poker strategies section instead of replying (that explains why you can see me online almost all the day but i have just 1.01 post per day).
The last reason is that i want to participate in this audit but from the other side. I want to send my HH, so i would appreciate if you answer this questions Bill: Does the 4 hours session needs to be at a full table? What are the minimum limits and buy in for the ring games and MTT, respectively?

ps: My nominees are FP, Dorkus, tenbob and FD.

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok If I understand correctly
Jesus Lederer, joosebuck, Dorkus Malorkus, and Brianna C. want an audit.

Everyone nominated other folks to give an alternate audit, but no one volunteered.

Well, let's get started. Can we make a poll, for whos hand history should we do?
Also, can we send attachements in pm?

Cool
Bill

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bill_Hollorian said:
Ok If I understand correctly
Jesus Lederer, joosebuck, Dorkus Malorkus, and Brianna C. want an audit.

Everyone nominated other folks to give an alternate audit, but no one volunteered.

Well, let's get started. Can we make a poll, for whos hand history should we do?
Also, can we send attachements in pm?

Cool
Bill
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Bill, once you do a poll, nothing ever gets done! Brianna C was first to reply - get him to send you history as a trial. I'll do an alternate audit as well - others should as well, don't need to be "experts", it'll just be interesting to see what different people pick up.
Dennis, i hope you're made of stern stuff!!!

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
robwhufc said:
NOOOOOOOOOOO! Bill, once you do a poll, nothing ever gets done! Brianna C was first to reply - get him to send you history as a trial. I'll do an alternate audit as well - others should as well, don't need to be "experts", it'll just be interesting to see what different people pick up.
Dennis, i hope you're made of stern stuff!!!
I'm made of glass and have been known to crumble, but I think I can handle it.;) Just don't make the baby cry.:)

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am just going to be an observer on this one but would like to say that that the choices for audit look to be good players. I would hope when the panel does the audit they would discuss why some hands that were played correctly and not just focus on incorrectly played hands. While discussing the incorrectly played hands helps the one being audited, I think talking about correctly played hands would help the rest of us. If this was the plan anyway then nevermind. :D

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bill_Hollorian said:

:) Ok, i have no problem in doing an alternative audit. Bear in mind that its been over 6 years since i took on a statistical sample this large, and never a poker one. However maybe a few different angles on things would be good.

Just a few questions Bill. Is there a specific way or template in which a hand audit is to be done or is it done on the fly (so to speak)

Dennis remember you can always email your hand histories to whoever is prepared to audit them.

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tenbob said:
Dennis remember you can always email your hand histories to whoever is prepared to audit them.

Yea TB I've got the one ready and waiting for tear down. It has 167 hands and as I said earlier it was one up and down tourney. So whoever wants it let me know.:)

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two cheers for TenBob. On a side note Tenbob I want to nominate you as a hand captain next hand on poker pros. There has got to be a better way to form a strategy over there.

BTW I thought Brianna C. was a girl this whole time. oops! lol

I dont know if there is a way to allow attachments in this thread in the future. I just created an anon. email, I guess send it there.

createdjustforyou2004@yahoo.com

Cool TenBob ill pm you if a format develops and vice versa. Robwhuc why dont you join us as an auditor as well?

Yes, it should be fair, compliments and critiques as they go. This will be public from here. A new thread will be started called Brianna C audit

Cool
Bill

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Bill I sent it to you and if and I'll give you the what. This tourney had 1,138 ppl and I finished 87th. It payed 20%. If anyone else wants it let me know. TB I'm sending you a copy now.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok Dennis, thanks. Just bear in mind that this is a project ill be puttiing an hour or two into in the evenings, so depending on exactly how much detail it gets depends on the time etc. I would be good if myself, Bill and Rob could agree on a basic template under which to work.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a thought. rather than PM a hand history, (if that's even possible) perhaps Bills anonymous email address, or another one (CCHHAudit@Yahoo.com?) could be created, and the password given out to anyone wishing to contribute.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Damn a full page of error messages when i put that history into PT, can you try it again Dennis, just wondering if you reformatted it in any way ?

Here is the error :

brianna c.txt : Unable to get the blind structure for tournament game # -568981203.
brianna c.txt : Unable to get the blind structure for tournament game # -568968271.
brianna c.txt : Unable to get the blind structure for tournament game # -568950569.
brianna c.txt : Unable to get the blind structure for tournament game # -568937920.

You get the message.

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was the mail as sent to me strait from Stars. It has listed what the blinds are, but past that I don't know.

Dorkus your copy is on the way.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dennis, was that mailed to you? Try sending the one saved on your hard drive. Go to program files/pokerstars/[user-name]/handhistories. If you enabled this option in your pokerstars account, your hand histories will automatically be saved for a specified period. Default is 30 days I believe, but you can set it for as long or as short as you wish. That being said, I would think the one they sent you would work.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe Chris will have better luck, ive tried Dennis one several times and im still getting a full page of error messages with 0 hands imported.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just going to go through it and pick out hands I think he played well, and hands I think he didn't. I dont see why you need to import it to poker tracker when you've got the actual hand history in front of you!

Bill_Hollorian

Bill_Hollorian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My original experiment regards metagame bayes logic, with equilibrium play to maximize information reduction.

I was willing to exchange critiques and compliments while simultaneously accomplishing my other goals.

Im having trouble poppin that one open myself...

No worries we'll figure it out. In the meantime do you have one from partypoker or something?

Bill

Dennis C

Dennis C

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only got Stars histories. Sorry if that didn't work, but thanks for trying. I look forward to seeing what Rob has to say though.:)

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Two things:

1. You guys give me way too much credit.

2. I'm in Beijing for a week in business, so can't really be of much service right now, but I'll be happy to catch round two when I get back home. :)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamseng!

(I believe that's a popular way of saying "cheers", here)

/Fredrik

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands