Favorite Poker Quotes

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"The best poker books will teach you how to talk the talk. You'll have to learn to walk the walk on your own." -- Lou Krieger

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Baseball is like a poker game. Nobody wants to quit when he's losing; nobody wants you to quit when you're ahead." -- Jackie Robinson

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"You can be so good at poker, but if you're not disciplined at the table and off the table, you'll never make it." ~ Fedor Holz

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Poker exemplifies the worst aspects of capitalism that have made our country so great." -- Walter Matthau

"There is no sympathy in poker. Always keep cool. If you lose your head you will lose all your chips." -- William J. Florence

"The winner is not the player who wins the most pots. The winner is the player who wins the most money." -- Anthony Holden

"Poker is not a game in which the meek inherit the earth." - David Hayano

"The single greatest key to winning is knowing thy enemy—yourself." -- Andy Glazer

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“You call, it’s gonna be all over baby!” ~ Scotty Nguyen said to Kevin McBride in the final hand of WSP in 1998 on 89988 board

JetmirDulja

JetmirDulja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
i am a star wars fan so my favourite is ,,, May the FLOP be with you !!!

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"I believe in poker the way I believe in the American Dream. Poker is good for you. It enriches the soul, sharpens the intellect, heals the spirit, and, when played well, nourishes the wallet." -- Lou Krieger

muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Doyle Brunson Doyle “Texas Dolly”, professional player for over 40 years, world champion and author of several books on the game, see below some poker phrases quoted by the first player to win a prize of over 1 million dollars in tournaments. “I respect anyone who pulls up a chair at a poker table, no matter what the stakes are.” “May the flop be with you.” “Try to decide how good your hand is at each moment. Nothing else matters. Anything!" “Success is the ability to go from defeat to defeat without losing your enthusiasm.” "It's not always with good cards that you win a full pot." “The bluff is the best card to pull out of your sleeves.” "A man's true feelings come out in a game of poker." For Doyle, respect will always come first, from beginners to experienced players.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really like to think Stu Ugar said that a tournament is won chip by chip

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Skill can gain experience and refine it, but for the first time I hear that you can master luck and gain experience with it🤔🤔

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Try to decide how good your hand is at a given moment. Nothing else matters. Nothing!" -- Doyle Brunson

"To win a bit of money, make your opponent think your hand is stronger than it is. To win a lot of money, make him think your hand is weaker than it is." -- Josh Avert

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The main thing is not to win but to participate.

A

AmeliaT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AU
Chips
"The man who never bluffs never wins" Oswald Jacoby

“Trust everyone but always cut the cards.” – Benny Binion

“Poker is a skill game pretending to be a chance game.” James Altucher

"Life is like a poker game... it's not what you given, it's how you use it!”

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Poker is like life. Most people don't learn from their mistakes, they only recognize them." -- C. Arel

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"As long you've got a chip and a chair, there's still hope." ~Jack Straus

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"No-limit hold'em—hours of boredom followed by moments of sheer terror." -- Tom McEvoy

"A winner is big enough to admit his mistakes, smart enough to profit from them, and strong enough to correct them." -- John Maxwell

"Bad beats mean there are still players out there who play badly." -- Mark Blade

"Hold'em is a game of calculated aggression: If your cards are good enough for you to call a bet, they are good enough to raise with." -- Al Alvarez

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One day I saw this quote I found it very interesting
“If you play bridge badly, you will make your partner suffer, but if you play poker badly, you will make everyone happy.”

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"A patient poker player knows the cards will come to him eventually." -- Andy Nelson

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I don't know if this was made up, but it seems to me that a good appointment would be, never give up while you have 1 blind that can always be raised, personally it has happened to me several times that I have gone back to tournaments with 1 blind, I have also seen how other people do amazingly and even make it to the top

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play the hand, play the oponent.

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"If you reraise a raiser, and he doesn't raise you back, you know he has kicker problems." -- Crandall Addington

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Limit poker is like a job. As long as you're a winning player, the more hours you put in, the more money you'll earn." -- Lou Krieger

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
“The minute you take anything personally at the poker table, you’re done.” ~ Phil Ivey

Whaevoz

Whaevoz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they're wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck." -- Jesse May

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My most hated one is "Limpin' is pimpin'". Not sure about the best one :D