Do you consider that póker is a job?

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a hobby for me, I think that you can't make money with poker, just like with any gambling.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Yes, poker is work, hard work. Plus, it's a stressful job. You need a strong mind to do this job.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider it a job that not everyone can benefit from, being disciplined, studious, managing emotions well can lead you to generate good money and you don't necessarily have to start with a lot of money

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I personally consider a job something with a defined workload and a defined remuneration.
With poker I don't have either of those two options, but I would love to make poker my job.

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I go to poker almost every day, as I used to go to work, so I can partially call poker my job at the moment, but the problem is payment:sleep:

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play for fun I know I don't have these skills and budget to become a pro.

Sash_XXL

Sash_XXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello CardsChat players. I hope you have had an incredible Christmas with your families and friends, have a good week everyone!
I believe that poker is a job. It requires a lot of study at a professional level, it is a full-time job, it also requires effort, dedication like any study career.
It can also be said that poker is a job with a lot of stress, schedule changes and so on. You have to handle many things, the head is everything!
for me, poker is a hobby in which i invest a lot of time (and money) but that's exactly what it will always be :)

Robbit

Robbit

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider. But I'm sure a lot of people will laugh when you say what your "job" is.

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Undoubtedly, it is a job for someone, some part of people live from it. For others it's just a hobby, and for someone it's learning something new.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be a job for sure. It's more about what you want it to be.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I don't consider poker a job. For the most part, poker is still a game. Yes, of course poker is more than just a game, but it's a job for about 1% of people, I guess.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello CardsChat players. I hope you have had an incredible Christmas with your families and friends, have a good week everyone!
I believe that poker is a job. It requires a lot of study at a professional level, it is a full-time job, it also requires effort, dedication like any study career.
It can also be said that poker is a job with a lot of stress, schedule changes and so on. You have to handle many things, the head is everything!

Do you consider that póker is a job?​

Not 4 me, but it is for 'many'.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No, because here in order to earn money you need to lose a lot of time

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that if I consider it a job and that's why I try to do my best

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't think that poker can be put as the main source of income)

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Usually beginners start talking like this when they see how much money is spinning around poker)

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Maybe for some it is a job. But for me it is more of a hobby and will likely remain one, as I am in totally different area of work. So poker is really just a way to have fun and forget about the problems of everyday life.

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a job then you need to put the hours and training in. Anything else its just a hobby to that player no matter what they might think! For me a time-consuming hobby!

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
If you can cash out the amount of money as much as your monthly income for your real job
you can think it a job,
but you need to think over long terms like 1 year if you want it to feel like a job
if you can make like 20/30 k in 1 year and you pay the rent/bills from it,
then it stats to feel like a job..
otherwise it’s just a profit month

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Yes, it is. And it can be for some one. I dare say this is serious business, verry serious.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do not consider poker to be a job and I play for the love of the game but I could say poker has me on a mission to do something special someday. I do work hard just in hope to be that successful.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, is a hobbie, because like another hobbies you should be practice and study to learn and be good, but if you want to be a professional, that need more effort and study and manage your schedule to don’t overwhelm for the stress.