Gian Totaro

Gian Totaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello CardsChat players. I hope you have had an incredible Christmas with your families and friends, have a good week everyone!
I believe that poker is a job. It requires a lot of study at a professional level, it is a full-time job, it also requires effort, dedication like any study career.
It can also be said that poker is a job with a lot of stress, schedule changes and so on. You have to handle many things, the head is everything!

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need a lot of money to dedicate yourself to poker, and for it to be a job, because in poker you can lose a lot of money.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Well, personally, I don't consider poker a job. Stability at work and in poker even great players experience bad luck. Here you can argue for a long time, but who the employer is not clear. Only a few win, a lot of people lose.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello CardsChat players. I hope you have had an incredible Christmas with your families and friends, have a good week everyone!
I believe that poker is a job. It requires a lot of study at a professional level, it is a full-time job, it also requires effort, dedication like any study career.
It can also be said that poker is a job with a lot of stress, schedule changes and so on. You have to handle many things, the head is everything!
Poker for me is just a hobby, which has the uncanny ability to turn my hair gray sooner.:ROFLMAO:

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
There are people who use it as a job but they play in a completely different league than me so it's just a hobby for me. So it depends on how you play poker and how much you are willing to invest in poker. Without wanting to invest, it will also be difficult to turn it into a job. But then again it wouldn't be impossible

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very costly hobby. Timewise, moneywise and healthwise.

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
poker is the best entertainment. And excitement. That's why I love poker

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
For pros it's a job.
for 98% its no more than some additional income .....at best :)

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
neither add nor subtract, but for many it's work after work, the second shift;)

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For someone who plays poker for a living, it really is a job. But for a player like me who plays poker just for fun, it's just entertainment. When I have time available to play many hours a day, I will certainly see poker as a very lucrative job, and I will be able to dedicate myself to participating in several tournaments.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you want to make money, it's a job. And I play for fun. That's why it's a hobby for me.

L

laurao07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play for a living, yes, it can be. It requires study and time. But if you play for fun, than I dont think its a job!

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it can be a job if you want to dedicate yourself to be a professional poker player. You will need a lot of discipline, patience and control to have success as a poker player. This is not my case. I think I would not like the life of a regular poker pro (not the celebrities poker players), it's too stressful for me.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do I consider that Poker is a Job?.. Yes, why not?! In the same time Poker for Me is a Great Hobby! And also Poker for Me is my development,
and many, many, many etc!.. Something like that!

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me poker is a hobby. I play freerolls mainly. I don't consider poker is a job because i think i can't spend 8 hours playing poker on the raw. It's too hard for me.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Poker for different people is both a job and a hobby just who feels about this game now for me Poker is a job

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a beautiful job, but it's very difficult to make a living out of it. Only very few players have the privilege of having good winnings.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
For me, poker is a hobby that brings me pleasure. I don't see poker as a job, for me poker is first and foremost fun, so I actually never feel stressed.

D

daibert murillo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me in particular it is a hobby, since to take it as a job you have to invest money and a lot of time.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me, poker is more fun than work.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Well, we can't say that it's a job neither a hobby at 100%, it depends on the person and his approach to the game and other factors. I think that pros have turned pros because they've showed a consistant profit over time and/or have won a major tournament early in their career, after all without a bankroll we can't stay in the game. The equation is simple: if you have enough time and money you can turn pro.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The truth is that I couldn't tell you, I do it as a hobby in my spare time.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Given the time you dedicate to it, it could be said that it is, it also generates income.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It depends on the amount of time you dedicate to it in the day and how much you are earning week by week... if it occupy more than an 8-hour day and you earn at least USD200 per week (in Latam), it is a job.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well... for many people it is a job... once you work full time and your income depends on poker... well of course it is a job