confidence in poker

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having positive thinking is very important to attract good energy and consequently confidence, verbalization helps in this process of confidence, for example: "today I'm going to win this tournament".

tips:
- live the path you are on.
- play your already defined strategy.
- aware of your table and opponents.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Self-confidence is necessary for everything.You should not think so much in advance that I will win this and this tournament, because many obstacles can come in the way, of course you can be confident.But you need to think step by step.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thinking "today I'm going to win this tournament" is really bad for your confidence! Because we will win a very small percentage of the tournaments we play, always try to think about giving your best, and make the best decisions within your knowledge, always try to improve your game, this will make you have more confidence, because the more control you have We will be more self-confident from our actions, and the results are a consequence of that.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Having positive thinking is very important to attract good energy and consequently confidence, verbalization helps in this process of confidence, for example: "today I'm going to win this tournament".

tips:
Actually, very good tips. Yes, they are simple, but sometimes each of us breaks these simple rules. For example, I sometimes don't follow my strategy and try to play like Phil Ivey, but more often I lose my chips because of that. :unsure:

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

tips:
That's right. But I disagree a bit with some of the statements, of course, you need to tune in to win every tournament, but we all know that this happens very rarely, and even professional players get into the prize zone in an average of only one tournament out of five played. You always need to be prepared for a long tournament game, be well rested and full of energy, in a good mood and mentally balanced in order not to make stupid mistakes, and then this will increase your chances of winning a little bit

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think confidence in poker is super important. The more confidence you have, the better you will do. Of course there are times when trust can end quickly when things don't work out. But you have to make the most of those moments of trust.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In poker, confidence does not always win, even strongly confident people think it cripples or makes them think about their game.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
We certainly have to have confidence when playing, self-confidence always helps

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You need to have confidence to get good things in your life, but in poker that can be good or very bad, you can not believe that you are better than everybody else.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact, having confidence is very important for everything you set out to do in life. However, you need to be very careful not to confuse confidence with recklessness, thinking that it is possible to play without a defined strategy.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Confidence in poker is everything. If I don't feel confident in my game, I do not play for any significant money. There is a quote from Henry Ford, "Whether you think you can, or think you can't - You're right." You have to think you can make the right decisions, that you have a solid foundation of knowledge, that you re rested and in a good mental frame of mind.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
He plays very confidently in tournaments that he has won more than a hundred times

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is a week spot in my game. If anything i always lack Confidence in myself. I does stop me from become more than I am in life but it also keeps me humble.

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You need confidence to keep going when nothing is working as planned. It's far too easy to get sidetracked otherwise.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

tips:
I agree with you. A positive attitude greatly affects our game and, accordingly, the result. I always play poker only when I'm in a good mood and when I'm optimistic and positive. Otherwise, I just take a break.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Stay strong, your time will come!!

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in poker if you don't have confidence in your moves you will be a losing player, always have a solid and consistent game

Manjerica1

Manjerica1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A few years ago when I was a losing player my confidence level was pretty high hahaha

Nowadays(winning player) after years of proving myself playing i'm not that confident enough, because now I know that I really know nothing :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It seems to me that confidence swings to low and high depending on how well other areas of your life are going...

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Trust is the key to developing your game and evolving!

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe positive thinking is important in all aspects of life, but there are days that is difficult to keep the positive thinking after so many bad beats..lol

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
hard to be positive when u were ahead most of time and end up losing most of time tho.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Stick to your game plan no matter what and accept that making mistakes is a part of the game and the best way to learn and improve,bad beats happens to everyone, always be nice to your self and enjoy playing.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
good luck allin ... i just hope the river doesnt burn me !

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A reasonable amount of confidence is good, but not enough to it go to the head!

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The idea of having positive thoughts to attract good "energy" seems almost as bad to me as having negative thoughts and playing poorly due to pessimism. I believe there needs to be a balance, right? I don't think thinking positively makes you play better; the idea is to be self-critical and try to identify what you're lacking. But if it works for you, I'm glad! Everyone has to find their own ways.
I love the idea of verbalizing, but more for reflecting on why I'm making a move rather than saying, "I'm going to win because I woke up today wanting to win." That stance hurts me a bit. However, I find the tips you give to be very good.