Best and worst poker advice

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
best advice to me was to pay attention to who is raising the pot. And try to figure out if he has a hand or not.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Best poker tip: "You can't lose money if you play freerolls and free satellites. Never give up!"
Worst poker tip: "If you lose money, you need to double your buy-in and win back all your money. Don't be a chicken!"

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worst: it’s down to variance, long term you will be ahead if you play well. I disagree, you lose a big hand and that will be catastrophic for your tournament, you cannot get that moment back.
Best advice: tomorrow is another day, eventually if you keep playing you will have success.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best poker advice: with hard work and discipline you can achieve your goals, the bad advice: don't study, play aggressive and smart.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
THe best advice was to have bankroll management when I play poker . The worst advice was about starting hands , some charts that I took seriously , charts might be useful love , but online are useless , other charts are suitable for online use , taking into consideration what moves the RNG favours . Also bad advice was to stop thinking that online RNG and poker is not rigged . These advisors are proved to be bad actors .

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
don't play tournaments with more than a thousand players

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The best advice is to play with strong cards and don't forget about position. The worst advice was to play in tournaments that I couldn't afford to play in, because my bankroll was too small.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you look back to the early days of your poker journey, what was the best and worst poker advice you received?
I never asked for advice about poker, everything I learned was through videos from professionals on YouTube, in my opinion if advice was good no one would give it for free.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best advice is to play for the money that you don't mind losing, and the worst advice is to start immediately with high limits.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Best poker advice, Study!! Study! If you want to win!! Worst: poker si all about luck!!

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a beginner poker player, we often look to others who are more proficient, in the game, for advice from time to time.

When you look back to the early days of your poker journey, what was the best and worst poker advice you received?
I think the best advice I ever received was from a dealer in a cash money tournament during a break, he cautioned me that since I had a monster chip lead I shouldn't be so quick to get involved in short stack battles, let the short stacks fight amongst themselves. and you know it does work...As for the worst advice I ever received was when I was first starting and a more experienced player told me to play the button and small blind regardless of cards...duh

K

kdmeteor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
"You shouldn't obsess over whether you could have gotten more money from this hand" is the worst genuine advice I've heard I think.

Delenia

Delenia

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think the best advise was to be patient. And don't chase the bottom end of a straight, because someone else probably has the top end.
I can't think of any bad advise that I got.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think the best advice would be to study and dedicate yourself because experience can only be gained by playing

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Don't be afraid to "pull the trigger" with your bluffs, don't inflate pots with medium-strength hands, try to play your strong hands fast and aggressively more often, and play like cash games in the early stages of the tournament. Forget about survival and focus on playing solidly.Worst advice - The best players are just lucky, it is impossible to conquer micro limits these days, online poker is a scam and poker is a ticket to an easy life.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a beginner poker player, we often look to others who are more proficient, in the game, for advice from time to time.

Best: control the ego.
Worst: bluff catching.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Worst advice: go limp)) 😂😂😂 best advice: study, study, and study again... Oh, yes, and don't play cowardly poker))) 👍

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst advice was to play big tournaments because there is more money, and the best advice was to study poker to improve. :)

M

Margo17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
he worst advice was from some players saying that it was good to play with many hands to make it difficult to read your opponents, the best was, always try to evolve and try to study the game, constantly, this way, you will become a profitable player.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the best advice I ever received was from a dealer in a cash money tournament during a break, he cautioned me that since I had a monster chip lead I shouldn't be so quick to get involved in short stack battles, let the short stacks fight amongst themselves. and you know it does work...As for the worst advice I ever received was when I was first starting and a more experienced player told me to play the button and small blind regardless of cards...duh
I can help you with your poker game. Let me know if you'd be interested. (fwiw, I watched you absolutely butcher a hand today (AJ) that you busted out with in the CC WPTglobal game. If you want to get better at the game, send me a dm. (free... I just want to help out a fellow Canadian if I am able to)
LFG!!!🍁🐐🔥

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh it’s variance you will win long term playing a particular way. Nope it doesn’t work like that.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Watch what the worse player at the tables does and don't do that.