$4 NLHE 6-max: 2 Pair vs ATC Villain

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JB, 98s plays way too well postflop to consider limping when we have position on a megafish. The value of isolating vs. the fish alone is worth it. If you want to advocate open-limping, do it with 22 not 98.

NEWTDOG101

NEWTDOG101

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok I got it, don't limp pre, and we are never folding here correct? I think Villain calls if we limp or raise here and will call any cbet which is what we want here but both turn and river card is not in our favor here so does our preflop decision impact the outcome if villain complete a hand here, do we mind or is this a certain % of the time?

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I got it, don't limp pre, and we are never folding here correct? I think Villain calls if we limp or raise here and will call any cbet which is what we want here but both turn and river card is not in our favor here so does our preflop decision impact the outcome if villain complete a hand here, do we mind or is this a certain % of the time?

If we raise preflop and villain makes a better hand than us we lose more money. This is going to happen anytime we raise, we can't win every hand. The majority of the time 98s with position vs an terrible terrible fish is going to make us money as we'll outplay him.

If he's outdrawn our top two pair we're only going to pay him off 50c. As if he could say the same if we were the ones to hit a straight flush or set we'd be sitting there with his $3.