Tournament Hand of the Week Submission Thread: Chosen hands get 5 VIP Chips!

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We are starting up a "Hand of the Week" (HOTW) series for members. There will be both a Cash Game and Tournament HOTW each week (link to Cash Game Hand of the Week will be linked below). We want you to post the hand(s) that gave you the most trouble that you could really use some advice on. Each week, we will choose one hand from the thread and post here in the Tournament Hand Analysis forum for members to critique and give advice. Anyone who's hand is picked will get 5 VIP Chips*.

How to Submit Your Hand

This thread is for tournament hands only. We have a separate thread for Cash Game Hand of the Week here.
  1. Copy and paste your full, raw data hand history (show results). We will be inputting chosen hands into our CardsChat Hand Converter, so we need the full, raw hand history.
  2. Give some background of the hand. Share your thoughts and concerns about the hand, and ask the questions you would like to receive advice for. Include any other data like VPIP, player reads/history, etc.
Please do NOT discuss hands or give advice on play in this thread! This thread is for submission only. We will post links to HOTW threads here as they go up, and members to whom the hand belonged will be tagged in the post. You can use the URL of that post to make a claim in your VIP thread.

*VIP Chips can be used to enter VIP specific tournaments or saved up to purchase exclusive CardsChat merch. For more info about our VIP Program, check out our VIP Program Guide.

Questions? Ask below! :)

maronza1

maronza1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips

This hand gave me a challenge on the river, even though i won this hand, my concern was about a possible full house on the board. What should i have done differently, and was my raise on the turn appropriate?

At the showdown i laughed at this hand since its @Martin favourite hand he told us about 🙂

Last edited:
Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thanks guys, nice submissions! Keep them coming, I will choose one to post on Tuesday!

maronza1

maronza1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips

Tricky hand, Royal Flush draw, against an over aggressive player
Played the entire hand passively, how should i have played this hand preflop and postflop from small blind position?

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's been a wild week! Keep those entries coming - I promise I will choose one in the next few days. :)

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's been a wild week! Keep those entries coming - I promise I will choose one in the next few days. :)
Hi Tammy. I have a hand that gave me some trouble today but I played it on mobile, so no raw hand history.

Would it be eligible to be chosen if I format it in a readable way or not? Just let me know. :)

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi Tammy. I have a hand that gave me some trouble today but I played it on mobile, so no raw hand history.

Would it be eligible to be chosen if I format it in a readable way or not? Just let me know. :)
Yes! We can zhuzh it up a bit.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I am wondering if it would make sense to add hands into the discussion thread as well and link them here in case someone also wants to discuss the hand?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Ok, here goes the hand:
We're ITM (16 left) in a small $22 tournament with 20 places paid. Pay jumps aren't relevant until top 10.

Hero (28 BBs) sits in MP and receives AdTc. Folds to him, he opens 2 BBs. Folds to BB (48 BBs) who calls. No reads on villian so far. Hasn't played many hands.

Flop (5.5 BBs): 8sAc7d
BB checks
Hero bets 1.5 BBs.
BB raises to 5 BBs.
Hero?
I am smelling two pair but it could also be a bluff and I think I cannot fold TP here; even if my kicker isn't great.
While we can expect some 3-bets pre from AQ/AK but nits sometimes don't do that.
Hero calls.

Turn (15.5 BBs): 6h.
BB donks 3.9 BBs
Hero?
Somehow this small bet is weird to me. JT got there and I'm still behind any two pair combo.
At least no flush draws.
But I think my hand is too weak for a raise and I doubt I have fold equity.
Maybe he exactly intends to make me call with this small bet but can I fold here?
Hero calls.

River (23.2 BBs): 3h
BB donks full pot
Hero?
Unfortunately he didn't check and My hand didn't improve (as expected) and I think I have to fold here and live on with my 17 BBs left.
Of course I might have been bluffed by a triple barrel but that's okay.
Hero folds.

I later looked him up on SharkScope and he's a winning player with a decent ROI.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am wondering if it would make sense to add hands into the discussion thread as well and link them here in case someone also wants to discuss the hand?
Yes, I will be linking them here when they are used.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

This hand gave me a challenge on the river, even though i won this hand, my concern was about a possible full house on the board. What should i have done differently, and was my raise on the turn appropriate?

At the showdown i laughed at this hand since its @Martin favourite hand he told us about 🙂
Congrats! You were chosen for our first Tournament Hand of the Week! Check it out here: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/nl-he-mtt-hand-week-j-543195/

You can use this URL to post in your VIP thread for 5 Chips. :)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Poker Chips - History of Chips