akhilbansal

akhilbansal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Interesting spot from weekend MTT -
- we open from UTG+1, 2.5bb with KK (31bb, 26/500+).
- MP, CO calls, BB raises 6bb. - we 3-bet 12bb, CO calls, BB makes it 20bb (he has ~30).
- we go all-in, CO folds, BB calls with AQs.

Our analysis -
- BB is raising twice so his hand range is AQ,AK,QQ,KK,AA.
- MP or CO may have at least 1 or 2 A, reduces the probability of BB having AA, and if he is calling our all-in with AQ/AK, it reduces the probability of him hitting A.

Thoughts? Is there a different line that could have been taken here?

akhilbansal

akhilbansal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Btw, they hit their A on the river to bust us out :(.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, that's right, about the range of hands I would give him if he is a good player, he will play with something like this. It's very sad that he collected his A card and won you, but still I think you have a good hand just a little unlucky, the dealer did his job and you lost

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You want to take a different line, because an ace hit on the river? Whereas if the river had been the 2 of spades, then you would be ok with your line?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting spot from weekend MTT -
- we open from UTG+1, 2.5bb with KK (31bb, 26/500+).
- MP, CO calls, BB raises 6bb. - we 3-bet 12bb, CO calls, BB makes it 20bb (he has ~30).
- we go all-in, CO folds, BB calls with AQs.

Our analysis -
- BB is raising twice so his hand range is AQ,AK,QQ,KK,AA.
- MP or CO may have at least 1 or 2 A, reduces the probability of BB having AA, and if he is calling our all-in with AQ/AK, it reduces the probability of him hitting A.

Thoughts? Is there a different line that could have been taken here?
GTO WIZARD likes a shove not a min raise--same result-- but we make sure the BB cannot flat and then get away from hands on the flop this way.

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah, no different line. Both of you played your hand and sometimes you get unlucky. Nothing to regret.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
KK is a strong pair, you can play it from that position. When you play all in preflop, you expect a K situation, but unfortunately occured an A situation! Unlucky, nevermind, good effort!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing you can do. my guess is you only made that post because the ace hit the river.

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
I'll leave a comment as well at your post :) You just get unlucky next time you will win the equity is 25%-30% for AQ to win against your hand.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Not that this advice or comment will change the result of the hand. I don't like the small three bet you made. The cutoff had already called the raise once and I would rather not go three ways to the flop if needed. Also that makes your hand look really strong is queen is probably never gonna get away from it there but if you were much deeper it would give them pause to just call your three bet and once the ace hits him the flop be more willing to pay to continue the hand. I have a feeling the way the hand played out you were going to be all in anyway like I say I just don't like the small 3 bet.