No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Game Options
  1. Deep Stacked
Currency
$
Early stages of the tournament it folds around to the Button (150 BBs) who raises to 2.5 BBs

Hero is in the SB 125 BBs with AcKd
Hero re-raises to 10BBs
BB folds
Button re-raises to 33 BB's

What is your play here?

The charts say to jam 100% of the time from the SB with AK off.

The problem I see with this is the 4bet range from the button when the small blind 3bets is below. I think in practice it is even tighter than this (in my experience). I think AA and AQs is 4betting more often than calling as the chart suggests. I don't think hands like the K4, K3, K2 are ever finding this 4bet, can't really see Q10 or QJ off making this play and I think A9 and A8 off are a stretch plus we have them blocked with AK. I ended up timing out on accident (was going to flat) here but I think more than likely we are up against 99+. Is a 5bet shove really the correct play here in game? Would like some help understanding, it feels like this is assuming that the opponent is finding many more 3bet bluffs from the SB here than what reality would suggest. When I run it through equilab with the condensed range its about 43% equity for my hand and with this many BBs it seems like a better flat than a shove.

What would you do?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Given, that its a late position confrontation, 5-bet jamming AK is indeed the standard play even for 125BB. You block AA and KK, and if they ever fold any hand after putting in 33BB, that is an amazing outcome for you. If you just call, you are going to be out of position in a very big pot, and 2/3 of the time you will miss the flop, which makes it difficult to get to showdown and realise your equity. If you think, BTNs 4-betting range is super nutted and basically contain zero bluffs, you can also make a tight fold, but needless to say this is very exploitable.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the above about flatting. If we miss then are we going to float? Probably not and if we do then we are in or at least very close to the committed zone. I think this is a fold or a jam spot and does depend on villain as everything does. If this is live, (which I think its not, but not sure), I would be folding often given that 4 bets are rarely bluffs live for this buy in size live. If this is online, is it a rebuy or re enter tourney? That makes a difference too as even though $99 is not a small amount for a re-entry online you will get more people willing to 4 bet lighter here if it is a re entry tournament. I think either folding or jamming is okay as long as you have reasons for doing so that are reasonable. I really dont like flatting here for 1/4th our stack here and stuck on all the undercard flops and we arent suited here which does make a 3% or so difference here that we would like to have on our side playing in these size pots.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with the above about flatting. If we miss then are we going to float? Probably not and if we do then we are in or at least very close to the committed zone. I think this is a fold or a jam spot and does depend on villain as everything does. If this is live, (which I think its not, but not sure), I would be folding often given that 4 bets are rarely bluffs live for this buy in size live. If this is online, is it a rebuy or re enter tourney? That makes a difference too as even though $99 is not a small amount for a re-entry online you will get more people willing to 4 bet lighter here if it is a re entry tournament. I think either folding or jamming is okay as long as you have reasons for doing so that are reasonable. I really dont like flatting here for 1/4th our stack here and stuck on all the undercard flops and we arent suited here which does make a 3% or so difference here that we would like to have on our side playing in these size pots.
no rebuy in this one, and yes it was online.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for the feedback my peoples, needed to talk it out.