€5000 NL HE MTT: EPT Monte Carlo Main Event - Interesting hand down to 3 players

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Game
Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
MTT
Buy-in
Currency
Take a look at this hand in the video clip below. Would you have played this hand the same way Van Luijk had?

After reviewing the video, I wondered if Van Luijk should have thought about his call and maybe folded his hand after he was check-raised ALL-IN by Nasreddine. I'm not so sure I would have played out the hand the way Van Luijk had (unless my read would have been different at the time).

Would you have played this hand exactly as Van Luijk? If not, what would you have done?

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Watched exactly the same hand yesterday. Van Luijk did not even realised he is the winner of that hand, but went to shake hands with Angelov :ROFLMAO:

Regarding his call - common, they are 3-handed left, having Top pair on the turn is enough for me to Call her All-In raise at this stage of the MTT (y)

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One could almost think he did that intentionally to further tilt his opponent 😂

Its the new cousin of slowrolling imo. Acting like we are bust and and then acting all surprised when people say we won.

She even says the outs loud in front of him and he still wants to shake hands when the 10 hits omg😂😂

I bet that tilt induce worked greatly. She was probably going home thinking:"how can i loose to peope like this who dont even realize when they won? Did this guy really just won the tournament or am i dreaming? 🙄"

🥲

Last edited:
F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He raised to almost 4BB, which is certainly not standard with a short stack. Maybe he has some strategy for this, but in isolation its definitely not GTO. On the flop His C-bet is also on the large side. On the turn I think, JT need to check back for some pot control, especially after going so large preflop and on the flop. Straights got there, and he dont even have a good kicker. As played I guess, he has to call it off, because if the intention was to not play for stacks, he should have checked back. As for the post hand action I assume, he genuinely misread the board. Which indicate, he is an inexperienced player, and likely it was just a classic "fish gets lucky" situation :)

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
One could almost think he did that intentionally to further tilt his opponent 😂

Its the new cousin of slowrolling imo. Acting like we are bust and and then acting all surprised when people say we won.

She even says the outs loud in front of him and he still wants to shake hands when the 10 hits omg😂😂

I bet that tilt induce worked greatly. She was probably going home thinking:"how can i loose to peope like this who dont even realize when they won? Did this guy really just won the tournament or am i dreaming? 🙄"

🥲
Need me two times to read this and realised it is very accurate explanation what happened, lol!

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands