waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
They’ve only attracted has beens for the time being. A couple of players nearer their prime but nothing special yet. It could make the champions league more interesting in the future.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I expect a deal has been settled in favor of Madrid

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
they do not spoil anything, there is money they can afford

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a waste of talent.

One of the best players of this generation is semi retiring at 31 yo

Sad day for brazilian football

IMG 20230815 143141

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What a waste of talent.

Well, let's think. Mbappe didn't agree to move to Saudi Arabia for money, but that makes sense because Mbappe is still young, while Neymar is already 31. Has he finished his career? No, I don't think so. Because the overall level of Saudi Arabia is growing and, for example, the same "Setanta Sport" bought the rights to broadcast the Saudi Arabian championship. I watched a few matches. What can I say? Yes, it's a great soccer game. At least it is not boring. And with the transfer of Neymar it will be even more interesting! :cool:(y)

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When his contract with PSG expires the following year, he wants to move to Madrid, but PSG won't let him leave for nothing, so he doesn't want to extend it.
PSG then instructed him to either find a new club or sign a contract extension to ensure that they will receive payment from him going forward.
My understanding is that Mbappe is very selfconscious about how he presents himself and how he looksin the public eye.
He will likely be one of soccer's most well-known figures for the upcoming ten years and a blood money deal with the Saudis will only damage his reputation.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you decline an proposal to earn more than R$1 million a day?
If I won 50 million of euros per year like Neymar did in france, yes, I would decline an offer to go to a low level league.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a waste of talent.

View attachment 340378
Guy is an embarassement for football and im not surprised he is following the money and now joins al-hilal.

20 years ago when the brazilans had a real football team and not a team of emo-models, everyone would have made fun of that diva who falls to ground whenever an opponent comes near him.

Good player (when he is not acting) but not someone i would ever look up to and i kind of feel bad for his fans, sorry if u are one of them.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not necessarily a sad day, because there's a good chance he won't get his ankle kicked and he'll have more strength left to play for the national team.
The only question is whether he will be called up to the national team from here.
Anyway, it must be very difficult to refuse such a big salary, someone could offer me to see if I could refuse it or not ... or not. ;)

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
If, according to FIFA rules, Said Arabia does not violate the rules for signing players and observes fair play, then it has every right to enjoy material advantages, develop the popularity of football in the country, and improve the image of its country in the world. High salaries in the championship of this country allows you to check which of the young promising football players is ready to resist the temptation, for the sake of sports growth and achievements. Football veterans such as Benzema, Ronaldo and others have already proved everything to everyone and have the right to earn money at the end of their glory and help Asian football gain momentum for development

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The saudis are buying a lot of great football players and it's not forbidden.
The problem is that we are responsible for the increasing of the salaries and the money invested in football.
If we don't buy team jerseys, if we don't watch the matches on TV, the football economy is gonna go down.
But we do...

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Saudi Arabia doesn't break football, it tests people for greed:)

dajallina

dajallina

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In the perspective of several years there will be 2 leagues in the world, English and Arab, and tactically it will be two Arab leagues. All the rest will be the resource of footballers for these clubs.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
it must be very difficult to refuse such a big salary, someone could offer me to see if I could refuse it or not ... or not. ;)
So would you :unsure:
For us, ordinary people, it probably would make big difference whether we earn like 1000.- per month or instead 2-3-5k ...
For these 'superstars' it basically dont matter whether they earn 200k or 400k a month (or week) since they already have literally more money than they could ever spend lol ...

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They have to buy everyone and become the strongest league. Otherwise, it will not be competitive and will become uninteresting.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So would you :unsure:
For us, ordinary people, it probably would make big difference whether we earn like 1000.- per month or instead 2-3-5k ...
For these 'superstars' it basically dont matter whether they earn 200k or 400k a month (or week) since they already have literally more money than they could ever spend lol ...
You're absolutely right, I was just joking ;), because the fact is that why would you need a fifth Bugatti to go with the fourth, when the second, third and fourth are redundant (and you can only drive a Bugatti on the road as much as you can drive any 30 year old car).
Anyway, at the end of a career, a bit of joy footballing for untold amounts of money that you don't have to keep, you can donate it away, not so bad.
For example, I read about Mané not so long ago that he supports his entire village, where he comes from, and obviously he can donate even more of the four times as much money to them. (y)
That Neymar, that he does, I don't know, but it's his job, it's his conscience. :unsure:

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

Saudi Arabia is ruining football but fulfilling players pockets and bank accounts

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Isn't that what European big leagues did in the first place?
The premier league, the Italian league, the Spanish, etc, have foreign players as figures.
So, the best level will move wherever it pays better.
That's how those leagues get to be the best ones in the world.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yes , please dont support that nation or its sportswashed teams ! they need to enter the 21st century before getting respect from modern states . also , ive heard theSaudis are trying to bring year end tennis championships there, and some women pros are expressing disgust at the idea of having to go to a country where women are treated as 2nd class citizens .

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I read about Mané not so long ago that he supports his entire village, where he comes from, and obviously he can donate even more of the four times as much money to them. (y)
I know someone from that village and he told me they pronounce his name "Maney" instead of "Mané" there

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but if you are Neymar or had a similar decision, where would go? Brazil?
I wouldn't have left Barcelona in the first place.

And I wouldn't have signed a contract extension with PSG until 2027 like he did.

It's a bunch of bad decisions that ended up sending him to Saudi Arabia.

When PSG paid that absurd amount of money for him, it became impossible for another club to match those numbers and sign him.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Too many flops when he was young , and i dont mean in holdem !