G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
It seems a bit odd to go with a guy who is known to be the 2nd biggest loser in online poker EVER!
But it's true 'everyone knows Gus'.
For PR purposes he's perfect.
Someone like Winamax won't get the real stars in the pokerscene

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
For PR purposes he's perfect.
Someone like Winamax won't get the real stars in the pokerscene
the real stars? Not sure I'm following what you're saying here

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
the real stars? Not sure I'm following what you're saying here
Maybe wrong phrasing. Gus Hansen is definetly a star in the scene but there are so many more succesfull pokerpros than him

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
It seems a bit odd to go with a guy who is known to be the 2nd biggest loser in online poker EVER!
Maybe you should challenge him?

It's all relative. He played against the best and lost.

In Live MTTs I think he is up a lot.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Maybe you should challenge him?

It's all relative. He played against the best and lost.

In Live MTTs I think he is up a lot.
Sure. Do you want to back me for it?

He's down over $20 Million. There's only 1 person who has lost more in the history of online poker.
He played against the best & did worse than anyone ever has... Ever.

I don't know how much he is up in Live MTTs but it's definitely a lot less than what he's down online

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Sure. Do you want to back me for it?

He's down over $20 Million. There's only 1 person who has lost more in the history of online poker.
He played against the best & did worse than anyone ever has... Ever.

I don't know how much he is up in Live MTTs but it's definitely a lot less than what he's down online
He's up around 10 million in MTTs: https://www.cardplayer.com/poker-players/1184-gus-hansen/results/overall

Someway he seems to still have money to play: https://www.vip-grinders.com/gus-hansen-cashing-out-427000-bobbys-room/

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't know on what planet Gus Hanson isn't a rock star win, lose or draw.... if I could join this site I would and so will a lot of others, ...will someone please bring back Full Tilt already😎👍

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But it's true 'everyone knows Gus'.
They should change the name of the site to Loseamax. Would be the perfect name with him as an Ambassador 🥲

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
he has $10 mill in Total Cashes. Not in profits.
That is correct. But I don't think he paid for his buy-ins after his sponsorship with Full Tilt.

If your point is that he didn't get to keep all the winnings himself I agree - but that is true for almost all of the listings of winners in MTTs.

And as you know people often have shares and are not playing with their own money 100% anyway.

So just as it is impossible to say how much he has won in LIVE MTTs it is also hard to say how much he lost online of his own money (unless he had said that it was all of his own money somewhere).

My point is that if a 20 million loss online didn't completely ruin him he must get money from something or someone else. And that something else is probably poker-related. He is talented in backgammon and bridge but they don't have so much money involved.

Last edited:
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That is correct. But I don't think he paid for his buy-ins after his sponsorship with Full Tilt.

If your point is that he didn't get to keep all the winnings himself I agree - but that is true for almost all of the listings of winners in MTTs.
No that's not my point.
If you look at his scores for example, one states '$1,000.000' but this is a satellite win for $1mil to the 1 drop which he didn't cash in (+1 mill - 1 mill).
I have no clue if his sponsor pays his live buyins (or which ones). I have no clue if he's up 5mill from Live MTT or 1 mill.

My point was, he is well-known for being the biggest loser. (but he's actually the 2nd biggest loser).

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
No that's not my point.
If you look at his scores for example, one states '$1,000.000' but this is a satellite win for $1mil to the 1 drop which he didn't cash in (+1 mill - 1 mill).
I have no clue if his sponsor pays his live buyins (or which ones). I have no clue if he's up 5mill from Live MTT or 1 mill.

My point was, he is well-known for being the biggest loser. (but he's actually the 2nd biggest loser).

I guess Guy Laliberte is the biggest loser. His net worth is around 1.2 billion. So it was like small stakes for him.

And just to play devil's advocate: where do you think Gus got 20 million to lose?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a bit surpricing, since I heard, that Gus Hansen retired from poker years ago and was working as an accountant. But apparently he went for some kind of comeback. As for him having lost money online, I dont think, it really matter to his role as an ambassador. Dneg has also lost money online for example. And the role as ambassador is more about being known and liked rather than a winning poker player. GG Poker recently hired Alexandra Botez, and she is basically a chess player and influencer with minimal poker experience, although she has done well in some streamed games.

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Gun Hansen is probably the biggest loser in the history of high-stakes online poker. His loss was probably around $20 million. Since then, his career has somehow declined.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Great Dane is back on the radar. An intriguing option. I will need to learn more about Winamax.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i guess he 'earned' a good chunk of cash at Full Tilt... it seems all the pros really did make out like bandits ! good luck gus at winamax !