luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Which sports players can be a good poker player? And why?
It means being in the right place at the right time in the lucky poker tournament and all the spotlights of luck will shine on you!

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A person with the winning profile for me would be a dedicated person, obsessed with always improving, focused, disciplined.

Many professional athletes have these characteristics, so they would certainly do well in poker.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I think sportsmen who play individual sports, like gymnastics or fencing would have the discipline, focus and mental strength needed to be a good poker player.

Poker isn't really social or a team game. You play against other opponents, so you need inner strength and self understanding to master yourself and not let your emotions control you ever.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Any athlete is half-adapted to poker; goal, desire and constant training will quickly bring results.

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think it's about dedicating yourself, always studying, learning to read your opponent, and with that comes experience and you can increase your results.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
We're not supposed to know; after all, it's a secret. 🙃
On top of that, they hide it very well because I still haven't found it. 🙃🙃
Leaving aside low-quality jokes, I don't think the answer can be as simple as just one or two things. But if I have to highlight a couple, it would be studying and putting it into practice.
And I don't think it's a factor, but I would say that it helps to never be satisfied with what you know or think you know. When you stop feeling the need to improve in any discipline is when things can only go downhill.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think MMA fighters would be good poker players, although we don't see many in the poker world, they would be good players due to their discipline, strategy and emotional intelligence in different situations.
I highly doubt it. They had a Poker After Dark special that had UFC fighters like Chuck Liddle on it. Most of these guys are not that bright. They cannot calculate pot odds or outs and only have a vague awareness of strategy. There are some exceptions of course. Plus, who wants to beat a person who may put you in a rear naked choke if you piss him off?

There are a lot of athletes who do play poker. There are some very good ones and of course, some really bad ones. That can be said about a lot of professions. Like actors -- Ben Affleck and Matt Damon play the wsop every year, but I have never heard of them making it ITM. A lot of professional players are college educated and have some background in mathematical or logical training. Like, there are a lot of poker pros (and a lot of very successful ones) who graduated from law school. But trust me, all lawyers are not great at poker (although, I am a lawyer and I am not too shabby according to most.)

But I really do not believe many MMA fighters or boxers or any combat sport athlete would be a good poker pro. They take too many blows to the head.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Which sports players can be a good poker player? And why?
Anyone who likes the game and studies about it can become a great poker player.
He doesn't necessarily have to be an athlete.
Although, for example, to answer your question, let's suppose that Roger Federer starts playing poker, because after being the best in the world at tennis, this game of poker was a pending account in his life that tennis did not allow him to achieve.
It is almost logical that Federer, with the level of concentration, training, routines, discipline, etc., can become a great poker player.
Now, I don't think that an athlete who has been famous and at the same time was always undisciplined, and wants to play poker, I really don't think he can become a great player.
Greetings:):):)

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hard work, perseverance and discipline in what you do, many positive things will surely come to your life.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The secret is probably to work hard and to never give up. Learning from mistakes.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
For me, a chess player would surely be a very tough rival in poker, these people have great capacity for analyzing the game and could decipher their rivals more easily.