What poker game do you or did you grind at to build your bankroll?

What game have you found you can beat the player pool & rake?

• Total voters
yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you say grow your bankroll, what does this mean exactly? Are you starting from $0? $10? $100? $1,000?
My answer would vary depending on the situation. Of course, from zero, you have no choice, you must start with free rolls. But as soon as you have any money in your account, you can start playing micros. Different sites off different options, but I would suggest SnGs are the best option at least at first. They're relatively low variance and a lot of weaker players play them so you should have a pretty decent edge. Once you're up to around $50 you can start playing MTT's. I wouldn't recommend playing them much before that as in and ideal BRM, you should have at least 100, if not 200 buy-ins. Once you're at $100+ I would play almost exclusively MTT's.
matt, your opinions are relevant, but using a quote from master shifu, you've already earned my respect.:cool::cool::cool:

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Online MMTs, but for sure it was worth the wait 😁😁😁.. 3 times a manage to get from a few dollars to over 10.000 $, Thanx to this tournaments 😜... And I didnt won any off them..

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Mtt, tournaments with a small financial outlay and skillful mastery of the game give good results.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I only play MTTs (freerolls and ABI2) - Omaha seems to me to be very dispersive, and cash seems to require more “freezing off” and making herocalls.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I like several of the games but to be honest I pretty much only play MTT games. While since covid i have played mostly online, i have had success in both live and online.

vatakaboss

vatakaboss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GE
Chips
pls cant fimd today bronze levbel oassword?)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The volume is not what it used to be, but I liked to start and finish sng sessions with hu hypers. That seemed like the easiest way to maximize hrly and maintain a consistent session length.

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
WPT freerolls. cardchats freeroll to get tickets for tournaments. and try to get some bling bling

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Freeroll is the way i build my bankroll .....i start with it and after bounty tournament......

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
low level mtt's are by far the best to win money (if you're thinking investment to profit ratio) but you'll never win much. To win any serious money you need to be cutting edge and playing high stakes.

Jdawglet

Jdawglet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Free rolls for sure.

I have never made a deposit to any poker site but have BR at PS, 888, GG, and ACR.

When not playing free rolls I have my most success at NLH 6- player PKO tournaments and PL Omaha Cash games.

KingKolev

KingKolev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I'm retired from grinding and playing poker for "serious" money.

But in the last three years, I have built up some small amounts of money - like 10-15 dollars I had left on different sites to 3-digits during some months of play (between 2-500 dollars).

So I think I can safely say that I can beat NLH cash up to 10 dollars buy-in pretty easily.

I could probably also still beat low-stakes SnG and MTTs but the first is too boring and the latter has too high variance.

So if someone made a bet that I must build a bankroll within 2-3 months I would go for online NLH cash with 2-10 dollars buy-in.
Thanks appreciate you sharing !

KingKolev

KingKolev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I usually start with hold'em SNG at the lowest levels then move to MTT when I feel I have a comfy BI cushion, usually no less than 30-50 unless the game selection at that level sucks or I'm ready to top up in case I take a hit. If/when I continue to build on that, I will keep in the 100-150 bi range, taking the occasional shot at higher levels to see how things go.
I like it, thanks for sharing

KingKolev

KingKolev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I make a profit of 6 max hyper s&g, but you have to pay attention to when you stop! After a winning streak, you have to stop, because I can tell you from experience that online poker does not allow you to win with any hands for a while.....then you have to switch to freerolls for a few days...!
Any site suggestions or a specific site if you could ?

KingKolev

KingKolev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
When you say grow your bankroll, what does this mean exactly? Are you starting from $0? $10? $100? $1,000?
My answer would vary depending on the situation. Of course, from zero, you have no choice, you must start with free rolls. But as soon as you have any money in your account, you can start playing micros. Different sites off different options, but I would suggest SnGs are the best option at least at first. They're relatively low variance and a lot of weaker players play them so you should have a pretty decent edge. Once you're up to around $50 you can start playing MTT's. I wouldn't recommend playing them much before that as in and ideal BRM, you should have at least 100, if not 200 buy-ins. Once you're at $100+ I would play almost exclusively MTT's.
Great advice and even better quote by shifu hahah. I have allocated money for my brankroll say a comfortable 200$ from my savings. However I feel like learning how to beat the micro stakes sit and gos is alomst like a right of passage to excelling in poker, I can already say personally learning about 3hnd sit n gos has improved my mtt and poker game in general. There is something appealing to starting from 0 but I guess if I start with 20 BIs for sit n gos and run that up to say 200BIs + then I can unlock my actual 200$ bankroll. What do you think abou that line?

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Lately I mainly play spin&go and Freeroll mtt.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started, I think I was like a lot of people, playing MTT freerolls.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
no games i don´t care for poker bankroll.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I started playing free tournaments and with the winnings I played HU Hiper Turbo, it was easier for me to win in this mode

neptunas888

neptunas888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play online cash games, but I haven’t been able to build a bankroll yet because I’m playing at a small disadvantage, unfortunately. I hope to improve my game and become a winner in poker;)

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls and multitable online is my predilection...

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
First freerolls, then - from the money won there - smaller MTTs. This is the best recipe in my opinion.
I don't recommend the cash game, in the later periods when the bankroll is bigger. But MTTs are the best.

Top 10 Games Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management