J

JasonB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Reaching Out to another Player

Hi I am a new serious poker player and walking this road is a very lonely one. I am not a great Poker Player but I am learning

I know nobody that plays Poker. The people I do know are not at all interested or have no clue what I am talking about lol

I am here to ask the community if there is another player out there that is very serious about the game - Online Gameplay - This is where I play 100% of the time

I don’t care who you are - where you live - rich or poor - how you look like - This is a Poker Journey that we both can enjoy and just talk Poker (maybe the occasionally funny story or something)

This player should have these qualities

1. Serious about getting better (even if novice - IKD) if your serious and not just testing the waters and maybe walking away anytime soon - 20-40 hours a week game play - you’re striving to become pro or make money as a serious side hustle

2. Able to connect through Facebook to Facetime once a week (Sat or Sun) for 30 minutes to an 1 hour (maybe even longer if we both have time and want to go through some stuff or learn some stuff) of course the first conversation might be a bit awkward but it will get better as we start finding our rhythm

3. Facetime is great because we can actually have a conversation

4. Is willing to have an open mind approach to the game

5. This would be a start of a great poker friendship Online - We’ll probably never meet up in real life (An online poker Buddy)

6. Another great thing is we can vent and let some frustrations out over hands and talk about the hand and maybe even find a solution by reading or watching other content and discussing that content - Maybe even finding a Topic for our next conversation to work on and discussing it

7. This is not a one way street - something both sides can have an opinion and not get degraded by the others opinion (open book mentality)

8. Just here to learn off each other - at some point learning really advanced stuff down the road (something like this - me and this guy started a conversation and we’re talking poker today and we’re both at higher stacks now and we were able to share that experience with each other)

9. We can just be ourselves and what we’re doing to make ourselves better Poker players

10. We won’t be discussing what site we’re learning from just conversations to make us a bit better each time we interact

What I have noticed in life is even at the Novice level their minds can be unlock to great potential that can even succeed the teacher - with this in mind just because you’re at a novice level and you are serious about poker doesn’t mean we won’t gain knowledge - It just means later we will - I am a low stakes player $2nl-$10nl

If there is only one player this is great! If there are 2 or 3 players maybe we can figure it out how to set something like this up. This really has to be up to you - Just ask yourself this one question - Is this something I just want to test out and walk away if I do not like it or is this something I really want to do because I do not also have anybody to talk Poker to and would love to have at least 1 Poker Buddy who I can actually have a conversation with and not somebody behind a keyboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Reaching Out to another Player

I am here to ask the community if there is another player out there that is very serious about the game - Online Gameplay - This is where I play 100% of the time

Hi, here you can find many people to talk to, not just one. there are many different sections on any topic. try to chat and maybe you will find what you need. all participants once came here and then found friends (some very close friends). Over the years of being here, people have become close, began to worry about each other, in general, they are one big family.
join us and happiness will smile at you, buddy.
good luck at the tables!!!

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You have come to the right place. You can meet many people throughout the CardsChat site. I suggest you join one of the leagues. I know I have made some of the closest connections in the league games. The comradery is Awesome!

J

JasonB

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Thank You guys do much for the responses. I will most defiantly be in here checking things out from time to time. :)