Can poker improve your life?

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course yes, poker in one way or another improves your life in different aspects, from the emotional to the economic, you must follow certain rules to always be able to do it.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker improves and has improved in my life in learning to lose first, because every day we play at least 10 tournaments, it is difficult to win 2... we lose a lot of hands that we are winning, we find a lot of bad beats, coolers, how many times do we fall first place... Poker teaches a lot and I'm very grateful for some of the skills this game provides! In addition to the possibility of bringing in some extra money that pays for some bills, dinners, gifts... lol I think I will always play poker in my life!! And there is certainly more knowledge to come, I hope!! And without forgetting to every thank Cardschat who made a good contribution to my love for this game online with incredible tournaments!! Daily for the forum community, tournaments only for Brazilians [my country], the cardschat league is great and with a really cool shape,...!! Congratulations Cardschat!!

ps: I was a little inspired to write at that moment and I will take the opportunity to make a future topic about what poker has improved in my life and also thanks to cardschat! ;) See u at tables!

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think there are many factors or skills that you have to have in poker to be a good player that can be transferred to real life to improve it.

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker has really helped me rid myself of the sunk cost fallacy in general in my life.
You have to evaluate situations at their present attributes and not let past decisions have too much weight on making a decision in the present.

ie. it's ok to fold ace's after building a pot if multiple opponents could have stronger hands

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker gives me financial independence, which means it improves my life...

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Many things can improve your life if you can do this things very good ))
And poker too! :)

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly, poker has already greatly improved my life.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Of course, you can improve, not only because of the financial part, but also because of other aspects (way of thinking, tactics, mathematics, etc.).
But it is also true that it can affect you in a negative way if someone can't get out and pours money into the game mindlessly.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
a poker chip has two sides))) poker can both improve life and ruin it... but he will definitely change it))

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
În the most case i think the answer îs a very big No 🤪, because even if you Dont lose you money and you make a little profit, you must consider at the time spent to make that little profit and you will end up still losing 😁 because time îs limited 😜. But there are still e ample that make it big from playing poker 😁, so you can try 😅

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
it helps you to be patient and learn that not every gamble is worth the risk

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is a game that has to use a lot of brain to not lose everything
Not only people with a high IQ, mathematics professors and so on become professionals. But I can definitely say that poker requires a lot of time, patience and discipline. At the same time, it is possible to state the fact that patient and disciplined people are usually smart enough to acquire professionalism.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, of course it can. With the poker winnings, I bought myself some things - a phone, tools, and so on

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
"I believe so, in moderation. For me, it's my plan B if plan A doesn't work out, but I still can't say I could dedicate myself to poker, but I keep trying."

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Acredito que sim, mas depende do quanto você se dedica e tenta!

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, poker can improve your life in several ways, especially in developing cognitive and interpersonal skills. Firstly, it sharpens analytical and mathematical skills as players calculate odds and probabilities. Secondly, poker enhances decision-making abilities under pressure, fostering a composed mindset in various life scenarios. Emotionally, poker teaches resilience and emotional regulation, skills that are applicable beyond the game. Socially, it often involves interacting with diverse individuals, enhancing social and communication skills. Strategically, poker instills risk management skills, teaching players how to assess and manage risks carefully—an invaluable skill in personal and professional life. Moreover, it can serve as a recreational activity that provides relaxation and stress relief, contributing to overall mental health. However, it's important to approach poker with moderation and awareness of the potential for addiction.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Of course, whoever wins a lot, yes. Whoever wins, where loses some, does not.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
If you actively try to improve your skills and study the game, yes. It can help you develop self control, patience, understanding of other people, and so on.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a game that has to use a lot of brain to not lose everything
Poker? I don't think it was invented for that purpose. I don't see how it can unless you happen to win a big tournament.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Maybe. If you are serious about poker, it will force you to be more disciplined, attentive, and thoughtful.

NSX_Amfe2nat

NSX_Amfe2nat

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is good when u have 4 fun but if u are broke and play without smart strategy you can lose everything