What Is Your Win @ SD %?

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Previously, before my computer crashed, I had between 22k and 23k hands tracked for the past year (The free HUD I use only has history for 365 days). I went to showdown 35% of the time and won 66% of showdowns. These hands only include ones I played on my computer and excludes the hands I played on my cellphone as there's no tracking ability there.

After my computer crashed and the data was wiped clean, I have played a bit over 1000 hands and the percentages are 33% and 52% respectively, so I've gone to showdown less but am winning at a significantly lower rate.

What are your WSD and $WSD rates?

Wondering if I was just running good before and am back to a normal SD win rate now

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Previously, before my computer crashed, I had between 22k and 23k hands tracked for the past year (The free HUD I use only has history for 365 days). I went to showdown 35% of the time and won 66% of showdowns. These hands only include ones I played on my computer and excludes the hands I played on my cellphone as there's no tracking ability there.

After my computer crashed and the data was wiped clean, I have played a bit over 1000 hands and the percentages are 33% and 52% respectively, so I've gone to showdown less but am winning at a significantly lower rate.

Wondering if I was just running good before and am back to a normal SD win rate now
I think you shouldn’t worry about this stats until you have played at least one million hands.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think you shouldn’t worry about this stats until you have played at least one million hands.
Even 20k is a reasonable sample as blueskies will have seen a lot of showdowns.

Winning 66% of showdowns is way too high, just over 50% seems about right. If you win 66% of the time you are not value betting thinly enough (I.e. getting some folds and not contributing to the stat) and not bluffing enough ( and getting called sometimes) , I.e. its indicative of overly passive play.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My win at showdown is about 52% or so from memory

U

undertse

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PK
Chips

I recommend not concerning yourself with these statistics until you've accumulated at least one million hands of play.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I recommend not concerning yourself with these statistics until you've accumulated at least one million hands of play.
So just continue to play bad poker for 1 million hands and go broke?

Even with 20k hands it's clear the OP is too nitty and needs to bluff more

A

AdamasDate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
He is correct 20k isn't a large enough sample in one year

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
He is correct 20k isn't a large enough sample in one year
Of course more hands would be better, but poker is a game of incomplete information, we use what data we have to improve our strategy. I find the idea of waiting till you have 1 million hands before looking at the data ridiculous.

A

AdamasDate

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Nah that too many hands maybe 200k hands is a fair enough sample size a million hands Is just bananas lol