What is the most frustrating win you have ever had?

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Many years ago I played an affiliate freeroll on the old Crypto-Logic network. There were something like ten places paid - nine cash prizes and a free entry into a big tournament. When we got to heads-up, I was chip leader. The other player said he would take the money and left the table. So I won the tournament an the ticket, and of course came nowhere. Really disappointing.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure I understand the frustration here. You got a free chance to play in a big tournament, and what is not to like about that?

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Many years ago I played an affiliate freeroll on the old Crypto-Logic network. There were something like ten places paid - nine cash prizes and a free entry into a big tournament. When we got to heads-up, I was chip leader. The other player said he would take the money and left the table. So I won the tournament an the ticket, and of course came nowhere. Really disappointing.
i was too sick to go play a live tournament i won a seat for...it was a big seat 5k ticket etc...was a very sad situation but happy i won anyway just wish coulda banked that money haha

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I final tabled the midnight madness on full tilt poker some years back and was chip leading by around 113k when i was dealt AA in the CO position, i was 4 bet raised by another big stack in mid pos and then i reraised to pot and the player shoved with KK.
Flop came instant K 10 3 offsuit and i just sunk in my chair...frustrating because i had played really well to get there and was well set for a major score - it was a lesson in knowing that it can all change in 1 hand.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I dont think that a win is frustrating in any way ..or maybe i am jjust like to never had such as thing or one :)..but is my opinion the harder is to win the biger is the feeling of joy or happiness after :)..dont you thing ?!

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Not sure I understand the frustration here. You got a free chance to play in a big tournament, and what is not to like about that?
Because at the end of the day I won nothing - a bird in the hand...

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unbelievable. To win a ticket that turned out to be a dud. I think this is a chance that is unlikely to be repeated. Probably no one has ever done this. Well, at least accept this uniqueness.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thats the nature of satellites. I dont play them very often, but I managed to satellite in to the last $215 Sunday Million anniversary edition playing a $2.2 and a $11 satellite. I did not cash in the target game, but I still think, it was a great opportunity to play it for just $13.2, so I was not at all frustrated. I think, this is very much about attitude, and a positive attitude will bring you further :)

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I final tabled the midnight madness on Full tilt poker some years back and was chip leading by around 113k when i was dealt AA in the CO position, i was 4 bet raised by another big stack in mid pos and then i reraised to pot and the player shoved with KK.
Flop came instant K 10 3 offsuit and i just sunk in my chair...frustrating because i had played really well to get there and was well set for a major score - it was a lesson in knowing that it can all change in 1 hand.
But...where was the win?

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But...where was the win?
I opted out of showing stats ages back and I am totally cool with being asked where the win is, i know it happened, i had a bloody lovely holiday to Greece off the back of it :) no need for me to justify it or prove it - believe it happened or not, i don't care.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I opted out of showing stats ages back and I am totally cool with being asked where the win is, i know it happened, i had a bloody lovely holiday to Greece off the back of it :) no need for me to justify it or prove it - believe it happened or not, i don't care.

Hmm this thread is about ur most frustrating win. U posted about a tournament where u lost AA to KK. I asked u where that "win" was since u probably did not win this tournament.

Was not my intention to ask u If u have ever won anything or to doubt about that score in this very tournament. Everything is cool 😎

U probably meant that whatever place u made in this tournament was a frustrating win of money since u could have gone further if those Aces hold.

Last edited:
pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm this thread is about ur most frustrating win. U posted about a tournament where u lost AA to KK. I asked u where that "win" was since u probably did not win this tournament.

Was not my intention to ask u If u have ever won anything or to doubt about that score in this very tournament. Everything is cool 😎

U probably meant that whatever place u made in this tournament was a frustrating win since u could have gone further.
it was frustrating because i was set well to do better my friend - all is good and in context.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it was frustrating because i was set well to do better my friend - all is good and in context.
If we define win as winning money but still frustrating I have a good one too:

Years ago i played a skrill deposit freeroll on Stars. First place won a 10k EPT Monaco package and there was still 1k real money in prizes. Around 1k players. I got heads-up with a 4:1 chiplead, managed to still loose and win 50 Bucks for second place.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we define win as winning money but still frustrating I have a good one too:

Years ago i played a Skrill deposit freeroll on Stars. First place won a 10k EPT Monaco package and there was still 1k real money in prizes. Around 1k players. I got heads-up with a 4:1 chiplead, managed to still loose and win 50 Bucks for second place.

Took me some time to get over that one I can tell u.
Yep thats a tough one, i also had a pal in Doncaster UK who was in a massive spin and go on PS for some insane amount of $ and he was heads up with a huge chip lead and lost it - cant recall how much it was but it was in the thousands.

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
I think getting a free shot at a big game is a good deal..... you lost nothing👍

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why didn't you shoot for 2nd?

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't see your example as a cause of frustration. Maybe a little disappointing. As you might feel you did not earn it I guess.

Obviously you would rather earn first. Out of curiosity. Would you rather have played heads up and came in second?

Personally, I have had way too many frustrating losses to get frustrated by a win.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I'm reading your post and I understand that I could also reason, but I went to a live tournament in Madrid, and it was oh so exciting. It's a pity that you couldn't get to the tournament, but those who say that it won't happen again are playing poorly and don't believe in themselves! You need to believe and play!

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I once was scammed into taking 1st place in a freeroll on a site that nobody knows anymore where the prize was ticket to $50 REBUY tournament. While 3rd-9th earned pure cash. 3rd was $40 if I remember correctly, it's been years so I don't remember the prices out top of my head

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
There were something like ten places paid - nine cash prizes and a free entry into a big tournament. When we got to heads-up, I was chip leader. The other player said he would take the money and left the table. So I won the tournament an the ticket, and of course came nowhere. Really disappointing.
How did you win nothing, your posts make no sense. You won the equivalent of the cost of entry to the next tournament.

:unsure:

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the most frustrating win I've ever had is finishing in second place when I was the chip leader at the final table with only 2 players left.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I'm most frustrated when I’m the chip leader for a long time, only to lose multiple flips and end up finishing on the bubble or get the minimum payout.