Are Poker Training Sites a Good Value?

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi I am thinking of starting to use a poker training site to take me to the next level.
I have been sort of in a similar position for last couple of years.

Regularly running deep in tourneys some final tables sprinkled in with very few wins. I think I need to maximize my win rate is there any site or provider you recommend?

I'm a member of both Poker Coaching and Upswing but only using their free content up to now. Both seem good but has anybody used them or any other site and found them good value?

Last edited by a moderator:
kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
find a coach for the discipline you are interested in, it will be more useful than just a website

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
find a coach for the discipline you are interested in, it will be more useful than just a website
You will benefit much more from hiring a coach, if you have already plugged the biggest and most common leaks. Which is exactly, what training sites (and software) is for.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It is most effective to study them with a mentor. It helps eliminate mistakes before they become big problems and helps you grow in limits faster.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You will benefit much more from hiring a coach, if you have already plugged the biggest and most common leaks. Which is exactly, what training sites (and software) is for.

Curious. Which 'training sites' have you been a member of? (no. I'm not picking on you).

andy1996

andy1996

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you have enough money, it's easier to join a team or hire a coach. Self-study will take a lot of time and effort, as for me

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi I am thinking of starting to use a training site to take me to the next level.
I have been sort of in a similar position for last couple of years.

Regularly running deep in tourneys some final tables sprinkled in with very few wins. I think I need to maximize my win rate is there any site or provider you recommend?

I'm a member of both poker coaching and upswing but only using their free content up to now.

Both seem good but has anybody used them or any other site and found them good value?
As others have said you seem to be ready for a coach not just a training site-they are good but what you need is to have your data reviewed to find your specific leaks. It is important that if you do reach out to a coach that that review is what you get first not single hand histories or strat points but a deep dive into your hand histories. Ask any coach you reach out too if they do that first-if not move onto the next coach

Depending on what hud you use you can also do a deep dive into your own hand histories using the hud as a basic coach-it suggests leaks
There are several videos on how to use huds as leak finders- you may want to start there.

When you do that deep dive coach or hud and you find your spots you can then share those on here to get direct feedback on specific issues- which is much like coaching and multiple perspectives have value to help us grow

:unsure::geek:

Huntre

Huntre

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
interesting information, but what exactly coach will be doing? Or just watch on all of your hands for certain amount of time and try to analyze it by yourself, won't be enough?

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If there is no quality(your game), whatever you do it's all trash...

Did you look at CC course...
This is what i would use first then get the chart out on your hands...then if got 3-5 friends for a bit go over your play together....I say 3 to 5 cause everyone has different styles and ways to play ...I just answered a ? on here that 6 players suggested doing same thing...>I suggest going opposite way so make sure someone of the 5 has a different viewpoint different reasoning for player their style which is maybe wider or trapping style of player....A good suggestion is have a very good friend when plays MTTS has a rule to never go a round with 8 players without playing one hand and it works for them...Listen to others go watch someone you know on twitch maybe can set up some overviews for free....Not sure on coaching cause its one player not a group...I think you get more from a group....next join the LEAGUE here its the best poker imho you will find under 5 dollar ring poker to work on your hands and skill and work something with your team or others to work on your play....I guarantee you join the league your GAME will get better always...is best part of league you will try new stuff period after losing too many times :)