PLO Tournament Starting Start

P

pepper022

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Is it better to have higher variance at the beginning of a PLO tournament and limp call a bunch in the beginning since people play these more like bingo, to then tighten up once you have a big stack , or to play tighter in the beginning since everyone else is loose? Playing tighter seems like it runs the risk of having a v mid stack once there are less people, but more variance is of course more variance.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Poker is one of life's mysteries
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello and welcome to the Cardschat forum:)
The variance of Omaha is more than double that of Hold'em. It is a game that presents many pleasant and sad surprises, as it consumes the player's focus, intelligence, and patience many times more than Hold'em.
I think it is better to play with strong hands, choose the appropriate position, pay attention to the opponents, and read them correctly, because the flop is always tempting.
Good luck to you:)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is true, the variance is much greater than in holdem, I think it is worth taking some risks at the beginning because as you say many play bingo, but you also have to be very careful for that same reason, just because they play bingo does not mean that you have the opportunity to win is that as the variance is greater there is more danger and you have to think better about each play, another thing is that not everyone adjusts their game once they have a big stack, I think they become worse players, I guess They will think: I have x6 x7 x8 stack than them, I can bully them, I have seen it when I have played some mystery bountys on 888poker

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it better to have higher variance at the beginning of a PLO tournament and limp call a bunch in the beginning since people play these more like bingo, to then tighten up once you have a big stack , or to play tighter in the beginning since everyone else is loose? Playing tighter seems like it runs the risk of having a v mid stack once there are less people, but more variance is of course more variance.
LImping in PLO early is a strong strategy very effective in rebuy MTT---What is important is post flop strategies in limped pots ---the main strategy is to make the nuts or overfold post--When I say make the nuts it is the relative nuts to the situation---if your V is repping sets than any straight vs that is the nuts. However if other straights are possible than the nuts becomes the better straights---that is the post flop skill we want to attain reading our V well.:unsure::geek:

P

pepper022

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
LImping in PLO early is a strong strategy very effective in rebuy MTT---What is important is post flop strategies in limped pots ---the main strategy is to make the nuts or overfold post--When I say make the nuts it is the relative nuts to the situation---if your V is repping sets than any straight vs that is the nuts. However if other straights are possible than the nuts becomes the better straights---that is the post flop skill we want to attain reading our V well.:unsure::geek:
okay great that's what I've started doing. If i dont flop first nuts with a nut redraw I just fold lol. saves some of the bingo action.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
okay great that's what I've started doing. If i dont flop first nuts with a nut redraw I just fold lol. saves some of the bingo action.
Yes the strategy is based on Villain play post flop we can get a huge bump to our stack vs V that play post flop badly with weaker ranges:unsure::geek:

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I folded the winning hand many times at PLO H/L. The reason is some '$%^&*" decided to go all in with zip.