Max late Reg?

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
Well I don't mind short stack play so I have absolutely done that plenty of times... it does save time in the early levels when not much is happening, cons are you can end up short stacked but it doesn't bother me too much. I don't think it's optimal play though but a lot of sites have insanely long entry/rebuy periods. I mainly stick to smaller tourneys or cash games now though which I like much better anyway!

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
some people tend to late register events that are going to overlay.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't really like getting into the game from the very beginning of the tournament and I don't like playing deep stacks.
I like to enter somewhere for 40 BB

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What do you think of the Max late reg strategy? I was studying this term and I didn't know it
I think this strategy is primarily designed for bingo players. It can certainly give a positive result at a distance, but to a greater extent, this result will simply depend on your luck.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it may be a good strategy to register for the tournament at the very end of registration, you will be less tired than other players, but you will immediately have to win several all-in to play normally. It's not a bad idea to save your time, I won a couple of all-in, so we play on, no, well, it means next time.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

Bubble Punter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you're comfortable with short stack or push/fold play then max late reg is fine.
I do it myself a lot in hyperturbo or smaller field turbo tournaments.

choche0372

choche0372

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Several All-ins and you can compensate your previous absence

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I have done both - playing from start or registering during the last minute of late registration.

Both has pros and cons. Quite a few times when starting from beginning, I stack up quite a bit but some bad hands/plays and I'm around starting stack again at the end of late reg. 😅

When the fields aren't that large, you often need just need one double up at the end of late reg and you're back in the game.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If it is a KO-tourney, I tend to register early to have more opportunities to collect some bounties.
Else I prefer a late reg, even I know a lot of luck is needed to survive.
Once I registerd for a sunday million in the last second, and the first pockets which were dealt to me was KK. Went Allin and got busted...

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Variance will be lower in short stacks, especially if your deep opponents don't make the right adjustments to their play.Almost all poker rooms allow late registration, and in some cases, very late registration. So, you should worry not only about your strategy at the table, but also about when to sit down at the table.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it is a bounty tournament I don't like it, if not I kind does like, but you got to win at last an all in, most times flipping.

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, it may be a good strategy to register for the tournament at the very end of registration, you will be less tired than other players, but you will immediately have to win several all-in to play normally. It's not a bad idea to save your time, I won a couple of all-in, so we play on, no, well, it means next time.
I agree! Some of these tournaments are so long that cutting an hour to an hour and a half off the front end can make a difference in how much stamina you have left when it really matters later in the tournament.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thanks for the help, I think I understand what this strategy is. For now I won't use it because I don't know how to play short very well.

Mazembe

Mazembe

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
NA
Chips
If you are comfortable playing with short stack and know what you are doing then it's fine, it's a bit difficult because you basically need to win a couple of all ins and double up, in order to relax, because the blind are biting at that point

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I advise you to read more about this strategy if you plan to register late for the tournament. It is much easier to get into the prize zone than to the final table. Risk is a noble thing. A short stack does not allow you to make mistakes.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont mind jumping in late on short stacks. I always like to look at the top 25 stacks or so depending how far it pays out. To make sure I'm not way behind. This is if I just happened to be late. I wouldn't use it as a strategy.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As I understand it, the essence of this strategy is to register in the tournament a few minutes before the end of late registration, and go all-in several times with any cards. I think this can be a good option for those who are very limited in time.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

Bubble Punter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As I understand it, the essence of this strategy is to register in the tournament a few minutes before the end of late registration, and go all-in several times with any cards. I think this can be a good option for those who are very limited in time.

Its not about going all in with any cards.
It's about knowing push/fold ranges and equity spots from different positions and finding a good spot to exploit them.