K10 utg

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had K10 utg in an online tournament with 5 big blinds and 9 players at the table. I shoved and i think this was the correct play.

Up untill how many bigs are u guys pushing allin there?

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Was it PKO or normal?

I'm rusty and far from an authority but with 5bb and about to be in the blinds I think it's an ok shove. Guessing it was suited?

It's common for people to play too tight when short stacked, you don't want to bleed out to the point wherein if you do double up, you've still got dust.

I'd probably considering shoving UTG holding K10 with ~9bb or less...

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
I'd rather have suited just cuz it's a little prettier but I could easily make a case for shoving KT there up to ten...,

KTo is a little more iffy utg but not by much, not a huge fan of blinding out👍

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your mistake was blinding down to 5bbs

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends how many players were at the table. "UTG" only say, you were first to act, and what actually matter, is, how many players can potentially wake up with a hand and call you. As Joe say, it also matter, if its a PKO, and if so how much your bounty was worth. In a PKO you will get called wider by players, who cover you, which is bad with a hand like KTo.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
if I don't have a passable stack and the prizes are still far away, then K10 is a good push hand

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Was it PKO or normal?

I'm rusty and far from an authority but with 5bb and about to be in the blinds I think it's an ok shove. Guessing it was suited?

It's common for people to play too tight when short stacked, you don't want to bleed out to the point wherein if you do double up, you've still got dust.

I'd probably considering shoving UTG holding K10 with ~9bb or less...
Hello Joe and welcome back 😀

It was a normal structure. Yes i agree 9, 10 big blinds would be ok and suited maybe around 12-14 bb's (?).

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Had K10 utg in an online tournament with 5 big blinds and 9 players at the table. I shoved and i think this was the correct play.

Up untill how many bigs are u guys pushing allin there?
with such a hand, they do not go all in with UTG, the king-10 suits are light in weight, even near zero ... study the trp, although depending on the comments of the fish, I take pictures that seem to them beautiful)) just think for yourself, you're sitting early, there's a table behind you, there can clearly be Ax, and good guys, and even kings with a kicker older than 10... in short, this is a stupid decision, but it's up to you to listen to me or not))

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends how many players were at the table. "UTG" only say, you were first to act, and what actually matter, is, how many players can potentially wake up with a hand and call you. As Joe say, it also matter, if its a PKO, and if so how much your bounty was worth. In a PKO you will get called wider by players, who cover you, which is bad with a hand like KTo.
9 players with me. Next time im going to write 9max in the OP 😉Thanks for this information with the PKO, makes a lot of sense.

There were no bounty's involved.

Last edited:
Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with such a hand, they do not go all in with UTG, the king-10 suits are light in weight, even near zero ... study the trp, although depending on the comments of the fish, I take pictures that seem to them beautiful)) just think for yourself, you're sitting early, there's a table behind you, there can clearly be Ax, and good guys, and even kings with a kicker older than 10... in short, this is a stupid decision, but it's up to you to listen to me or not))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 players with me. Next time im going to write 9max in the OP 😉Thanks for this information with the PKO, makes a lot of sense. There were no bounty's involved.
Ok with this information I can plug the situation into ICMizer. Assuming that the other players have sort of normal stacks from 15-30BB, then you should be jamming down to K9o for 5BB in chip EV. At 7BB you need KTo or better, and at 10BB you need KJo or better, so the cut-off is around 7BB. However this is chip EV. If it was the final table of a random MTT, then you need KJo to jam for 5BB and KQo to jam for 10BB, because there is a lot of value in letting the other players bust each other to get a free payjump. So probably this was an ok jam but also so marginal, it would not be a big deal to fold either.