how to manage my stack in freeroll tournaments?

jaredrr200

jaredrr200

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
I'm new and I usually don't limp if I don't have a J,Q,K in my hand, I don't know if this is good or bad.

He usually goes all in with any threesome or Pat of QQ, KK or AA.

And in the hands I hope to connect a straight or flush, I do not risk more than 25% of my chips.

I would like to know if there is any advice or basis to follow in order to have a better bank management in tournaments.

And I like to do a lot of RAISE when I have many more chips than others at the table, I do this with the intention of stealing chips whenever I can or draw weak hands that can complicate me in the future.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the first half of a reroll tournament is mostly just luck, and strategies don't play a special role there; if you're lucky at this stage, it's in poker to hold out further

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you taken CCs free 30-day course? There you will find plenty of advice about tournament play.

M

Manf1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
a lot of raise, its not a necessary a good thing. Playing in position is the best thing you can do

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
freerolls are 50% luck and 50% your skill and experience. Don't stress too much, just play with more or less strong hands and you might be lucky enough to win some money.

S

SpaceMage

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm new and I usually don't limp if I don't have a J,Q,K in my hand, I don't know if this is good or bad.

And in the hands I hope to connect a straight or flush, I do not risk more than 25% of my chips.

I would like to know if there is any advice or basis to follow in order to have a better bank management in tournaments.

And I like to do a lot of RAISE when I have many more chips than others at the table, I do this with the intention of stealing chips whenever I can or draw weak hands that can complicate me in the future.
Just play and learn the game.

Freerolls are good for learning the game while earning a little amount of cash.

Most sites have learning material. Learn what the good hands are and play them only at the start.

Once you've got the hang of the game start expanding the hands you play to the marginally not so good hands and learning techniques of playing your bad hands.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Limping in freerolls is to do 2 things 1 to protect certain hands from having to fold preflop like say QTs 2 to try to flop the nuts and win a big pot 65 76 87 are all very good hands to limp see a flop hit strongly and stack weaker players who over value hands post flop

Having a more robust limping strategy requires strong post flop skills so we would want to spend time studying flop and turn actions more often than most do:unsure::geek:

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the first half of a reroll tournament is mostly just luck, and strategies don't play a special role there; if you're lucky at this stage, it's in poker to hold out further
first lessson for the thread creator: don't follow stupid advices like that

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There is not much strategy in freerolls... play by hand... when the stack is small, just push and that's it, you don't risk anything))

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The best advice is to start by taking an interest in the world of poker. And not only in your game, I recommend that you consume more videos of professional players, and study material that you can find on cardschat.
That way you will take the first big step in your case. Which in my opinion is to understand that poker is strategy/statistics accompanied by luck and not the other way around. When you understand that you will stop playing only with very strong hands and you will know when you can get real value.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Maybe you are playing many hands. You can make a more strict selection of the hands you play, and be more patient.

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

If you really play like that, it's hard to even call you a beginner.