pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Pushing all-in with low pocket-pairs even deep is not totally terrible since you often can get called by worse overcards (like AK).

Not good but not terrible. Just don't call an all-in deep with low pockets unless you really want to gamble. And in a freeroll maybe you do?

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
This is a tournament for conditional chips on Replay Poker, right? The point is this hand has no useful information for you or us. Because there's no real money involved. And the main point in poker is, of course, money. Therefore, playing for conditional chips I would go all-in with any hand from any position and call with any hand, even 7-8 all-ins with "7 2". Although with 99.9% probability I would not waste my time in such tournaments for conditional chips at all. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Pushing all-in with low pocket-pairs even deep is not totally terrible since you often can get called by worse overcards (like AK).

Not good but not terrible. Just don't call an all-in deep with low pockets unless you really want to gamble. And in a freeroll maybe you do?

It was purely about the laugh and I hope the people at the table got a hoot out of it. The thread isn't about strategy at all.

Play chips, freeroll, putting off work I should be doing, wasn't taking it seriously in the slightest. It's a win/win - if I get knocked out, I get work done.

There's a player there who has dedicated their poker name to 'you'll win nothing with pocket 2's'.

I get pocket 2's and an opportunity to go head to head for all her chips.

The devil in me says 'do it' :ROFLMAO:

I hope the others at the table had a good laugh and I hope the folk here do too. I certainly did.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I got it. You mean her nickname? For some reason, I was only paying attention to the cards. Well, then, yeah, it's really fun. :D

aquilex2799

aquilex2799

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Pocket 22, always holds... hahaha

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The sitter limp with 22 and then shoving over the raise with a 100bbs effective is about as far as you can get from optimal play.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Very funny, I hope you don't practice this move, maybe you still win with it😀 but always come back to your best game 😉.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I've just gone out of the Cardschat freeroll with pocket aces, so maybe I'll stick to 22.

:mad:

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think people at the table like it, what would they like here? For me personally, freerolls are more emotionally difficult than cash tournaments, as I'm used to playing the same way everywhere, but in freerolls you meet such comedians, and it turns out that you spent your time and effort just to entertain someone.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
well, it can give you a wanted reputation that might come in handy in future hands...but not +EV move overall.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Has the world had a freakin sense of humour bypass? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It's much more unpleasant that the villain calls all-in for 6J. It seems that he is not interested in the whole, typical freeroll attitude (he sits in, then whatever happens, he plays on the basis, well, he didn't last long). Nice hand.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
damnnn with he pocket 2s, that's 1000iq right there

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It’s impossible to surprise me with anything, I’ve been playing poker for 25 years.
However, sometimes there are scoring situations, for example, I decided to roll out a freeroll, the first hand, I'm in early position, with KK hands, and accordingly I make all-in , except for the button, what was mine surprise when I saw his pockets 4.5, after the flop I was completely taken back by 8, 7, 6.