19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Let's say there's a prestigious poker tournament with a $1,000,000 prize pool 500 miles from your home and you've received an invitation that you can participate in the tournament for free if you travel only by bicycle and take exactly one calendar month. Per diem is paid. What do you do?

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's say there's a prestigious poker tournament with a $1,000,000 prize pool 500 miles from your home and you've received an invitation that you can participate in the tournament for free if you travel only by bicycle and take exactly one calendar month. Per diem is paid. What do you do?
I have been in such tournaments when pokerstars was at its peak. If I remember well, CardsChat had tournaments where tickets could be won for such big tournies. Huge turnaments with tens of thusands of players. :) But these tournaments are full of sharks and pros and there is little chance to cash big, so I would just skip it. :sneaky:

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
500 miles on a bike for 1 month with per diem & ticket to $1M? Its 80 minutes of 20kph biking exercise per day & lots of time sightseeing or playing online. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I would definitely go. It's worth it. I love cycling, although I don't actually ride very often due to lack of time. But I would be ready for such a cycling trip, especially since the final stop is quite promising :)
Good luck :)

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
About 2 hours of bike riding each day for a month. I think the ride there would be way more fun thinking of potential $$$ signs than the sad ride back home with empty pockets.

oriole

oriole

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Funny question, haha! Yeah, I’d totally do it. I love biking, so 500 miles isn’t a big deal for me. Give me a couple of days, and I’ll be there!

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To get to such a tournament, I need to miraculously pass a lot of checkpoints by bike, and 99.9% of the time I'll get to a completely different tournament where they give out machine-gun bursts rather than cards...

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wish I wasn't an Octogenarian and could ride a bike...lol