jonasz warzecha

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
hi guys how to maintain chip lead
sometimes playing well and chipleading the game but somehow something distracting me, one switch, micro stroke and chips going everywhere

sometimes im busy at work so its the way to blow them(probably sitting out would be better but we going full blast :p)

any advice from you guys

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
IMG 5955
Today was quiet
Got lucky played well build up stack but was called for work so blown away.
But most of the times I’m blowing all away when not busy😳

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have blow-en a chip lead before was because got off my game a played to aggressive not the way am accustom too.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When that's the case, it's better for you to stay offline than to lose your chips, when you let go, you might still have some chips to play.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is inevitable that at some point you will not be able to remain as the chip leader, if they call you from work it is complicated and inevitable that it will make you lose focus, but suddenly if you are the leader and you have a lot of chips I think it would be best if you stayed absent at least for a while

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are 2 type of chip leaders who blow there chip leads. The one who since he has a chip lead opens up way to much and loses his chips. The other just ran into a hand and lost. You need to ask yourself who you are.

If you are one that gets over aggressive and over plays to many hands you need to cut back. Yes, you can open more VS the smaller stacks, but you still need to play hands with value especially if the other players still have a decent stack.

Look back at the hands you lost with. Are you just unlucky or over playing would be a smart start to seeing what's the issue.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got lucky played well build up stack but was called for work so blown away.
But most of the times I’m blowing all away when not busy😳
I would not play at work as the distractions could be many!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great Picture!

I do/did this from time to time too on my Xbox in several GTA games. Im also a Level 9 (or whatever) fireworker there :D

U remain the chipleader by not donking off ur chiplead 🏆🤠👍

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes its typically that a start in a tourney is good. You get some nice spots to build stack, you had luck. But then on one point the game is changing in the otherside. Loosing 70/30 hands. Getting a walk with AA in the bb etc. But these time of the tourney you must overcoming. In these time you need to control the pot and keep them small. Its hard to play that way but you need it to get over the bad time.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way to maintain a chip lead in a tournament is by continously getting lucky. This is because, the average stack size increase, as players bust, and unless you get lucky over and over again, your stack size remain the same. Maybe it increase slightly, if you have a skill edge on the field, but not fast enough to keep up with the tournament average.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing at work it's hard to be focused enough to maintain leadership, and it's normal for it to slip away about 90% of the time, I think.. And I dont imagine playing from a crane..lol My advice when playing in places where you're not focused solely on the game is to play more freely and happily! GL(y)

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
My advice would be to be careful when standing underneath cranes as you never know what the idiot above you is doing on his phone at the same time.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi guys how to maintain chip lead
sometimes playing well and chipleading the game but somehow something distracting me, one switch, micro stroke and chips going everywhere

sometimes im busy at work so its the way to blow them(probably sitting out would be better but we going full blast :p)

any advice from you guys
How's this for blowing a chip lead, in a recent community game on Replay when were down to less than 16 players I had in excess of 90,000 chips, the nearest to me was in the 25,000 range and yes I made the final table but lost three all in calls in a row and got knocked out before the money...best strategy is not get overly involved just because you have a lot of chips...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but lost three all in calls in a row and got knocked out before the money...best strategy is not get overly involved just because you have a lot of chips...
As a chip leader you should be focusing on pressuring other players and winning pots without showdown, but you should not be focusing on busting other players, unless its a bounty tournament. Its actually to the chip leaders advantage, if the bubble drags out, or if short stacks continue to hang around on the final table, because this create risk aversion and increase your fold equity. So when someone else have moved all-in, you should step aside and let the shorter stacks try to take each other out, unless you have a very strong hand.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
As a chip leader you should be focusing on pressuring other players and winning pots without showdown, but you should not be focusing on busting other players, unless its a bounty tournament. Its actually to the chip leaders advantage, if the bubble drags out, or if short stacks continue to hang around on the final table, because this create risk aversion and increase your fold equity. So when someone else have moved all-in, you should step aside and let the shorter stacks try to take each other out, unless you have a very strong hand.
Don't give all the "secrets" away;)

But you are of course correct. Attacking and using your big stack as a weapon is usually when you are first in or can isolate away players without risking too much of your stack without a real hand.

Some sort of Aggressive Small-Ball strategy.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you try to improve your pre-flop, it would improve a lot! You have a very wide range, you play a lot of limping, try to adjust your open and flat range and this will help you improve at this, the way you play is a seesaw, lots of ups and downs mainly due to the number of hands you play ...

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when you fill a leader stack chip, just turn off the computer and your chips will be saved, just kidding) you should try not to be distracted from the game and choose free time from work

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Well, this is your target, to hold your stack and increasing it. When you have a good run. It happens when most of the factors work for you!

_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yeah for me it is usually getting distracted which causes me to spew chips. Fortunately I usually don't go bust, but I will have my dreams of taking it down crushed.