G

GGdeTOURS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FR
Chips
Hello all!
Do you guys know if the major tournaments (wsop EPT etc) reduce the BB ante when the number of players is down to the half of less (like on the finale table)?
I know Mike Sexton and Matt Savage had a different opinion and the TDA advice not to reduce it but what about the actual major rules today?
TY in advance - GG

LordMan

LordMan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Hey there! Great question about the BB ante in major tournaments like the WSOP and EPT. Generally, they keep the BB ante the same throughout the tournament, even at the final table or when the player count is halved. The TDA advises against reducing it, even though some players have different views. It seems sticking to the original ante helps maintain the game's pace. What do you all think about this approach?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As far as I know and have seen, the BB ante is always the same size as the BB.

G

GGdeTOURS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FR
Chips
As far as I know and have seen, the BB ante is always the same size as the BB.
TY for your answers (mostly about the main tournamenst because I couldn't find their written rule about this specific point)!
I'm managing in france with Winamax tournaments up to 1800 or 2500 live players but in self-dealing qualifying events.
We usually follow the TDA but on that point my supervisor (I'm the general TD) absolutely wants to keep the reduction to please the players who are amateur club players for the majority. I understand and will follow him (he is the one paying me lol) but with your help I have now arguments to try to make him change his mind in the next tournaments and to explain our differences to the players if they ask.
TY again for your fast answers (the TDA is much slower lol).
Guillaume Gleize - City of Tours - France