thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What advice would you give to newer person no rebuy or re enter on when and if should shove aq offsuit in a tournament? I would shove first to act when have ace anything and under 3 big blinds so aq would be shove in that situation with 8bb by my regular play....I wouldnt shove early aq unless had position and was only the blinds to act....In middle of tournaments wouldnt shove at all. I would shove aq on whim anytime only had blinds to go but would usually try to set up so 3x probably....DO YOU have any rules you follow or suggestions??? trying to see how others view this starting hand since have seen all different types of action from it....

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
so there i am bronze league first 20 minutes probably maybe half hour and down chipped to 4k aq first to act...decide not to shove early still etc...so raise 8 times blinds i think villian calls ace 6 8 rainbow i bet like below half pot villian raises i reraise he maxes it...i call and he has ace six river queen still got all in hahaha

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it...shoving with AQ is as dangerous as JJ...only if I'm short stacked...

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What advice would you give to newer person no rebuy or re enter on when and if should shove aq offsuit in a tournament? I would shove first to act when have ace anything and under 3 big blinds so aq would be shove in that situation with 8bb by my regular play....I wouldnt shove early aq unless had position and was only the blinds to act....In middle of tournaments wouldnt shove at all. I would shove aq on whim anytime only had blinds to go but would usually try to set up so 3x probably....DO YOU have any rules you follow or suggestions??? trying to see how others view this starting hand since have seen all different types of action from it....
The only and perhaps the most important rule I always follow is the rule of bankroll management. I play only in those tournaments that my bankroll allows me to play in, and I never exceed the spending limits per game session. For example, at the moment my limit per game session is $5. My limit is 5% of my bankroll, and I always make sure that I stick to this limit very strictly.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
so there i am bronze league first 20 minutes probably maybe half hour and down chipped to 4k aq first to act...decide not to shove early still etc...so raise 8 times blinds i think villian calls ace 6 8 rainbow i bet like below half pot villian raises i reraise he maxes it...i call and he has ace six river queen still got all in hahaha
I don't like it...shoving with AQ is as dangerous as JJ...only if I'm short stacked...
The only and perhaps the most important rule I always follow is the rule of bankroll management. I play only in those tournaments that my bankroll allows me to play in, and I never exceed the spending limits per game session. For example, at the moment my limit per game session is $5. My limit is 5% of my bankroll, and I always make sure that I stick to this limit very strictly.

You guys have any insight about this example? Since we're talking about AQ.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I would give you the advice of really studying push/fold charts. You will be surprised what people are shoving with at 10 BBs or less, even 10-15 BBs. Good luck!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally we start to play pure push/fold in the 10-15BB range. AQ is always a push in that range. Its also always a repush, if someone have opened, if we have 20-25BB or less. And its usually a call, if we open, and someone else repush for 20-25BB or less. Have you taken the CC 30-day course? It has some sections about preflop play, which I think could help you:

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Stop giving away the strength of your hand. Many players tend to cold call open shoves with super strong hands and re-push with non-premium strong hands, and this will usually be a mistake because you are revealing the strength of your hand to some extent. hands.If you want to become a successful tournament poker player, you need to learn how to play with a short stack, including perfecting the push-fold stage.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
brother, it depends on the situation and the stacks and if there is a high prize pool and it depends mainly on the villain.
Taking into account all these situations make your best decision and be happy and lucky.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
AQ , even AQs is cr** nowadays . AK and top pairs (10s or higher) still have some value , but only if played carefully . Carefully played any hand can win any other in online poker . Yesterday I had AK , I bet , the other didn't shove 1010 , he 3 bet leaving 1 bb or 2 BB in his stack . I 4 bet he called he won . If he had shoved instead of 3 bet he might have lost (or for sure lost) . Such moves , also stupid limps with 1.5 BBS , or almost all in leaving 1 or 10 chips in his stack (to play with RNG ) you always see at the tables online . Purely disgusting . I lost all my power path tickets to crazy hands . Like the RNG or poker room telling you that we are fu*** with you .

Anyway . Watch poker tables , see how to play with RNG and good luck .
I see action cards all the time . AQ , again I LL say , is a crap hand to me . The other one wakes with AK or AA or a pocket pair and wins . Oop you get trapped by RNG .

M

Margo17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
8blinds AQ is all in 100% in any position you are in, because you don't have the stack to develop post flop.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
8bbs 100% all in with AQ for sure that is always the right move.

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, I think I can say for sure whether this is a good decision or not, there's still a high percentage of luck, how many times I pushed AA, they called me with hands 27, 49, K2 of different stripes and outweighed me. I think mathematically, there can be no single right solution here; it all depends on the situation and luck

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is also a game on the Internet with a specific hand depending on the position and stack, in any case the hand is from the top range, but does not guarantee a win

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You guys have any insight about this example? Since we're talking about AQ.

Regarding this example, I would probably slow play the AQ in this situ...there are only the blinds behind you and a raise by either could then cause you to three bet, by just calling blinds you set up a possible large pot...however keep in mind that AQ is known by the pro's as the all time losing hand

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
AQ offsuite is not my better hand to go all in. I prefer to do it with a suited AQ, because it is stronger.