Classic situation with QQ - Do you fold or call

6a6yJIbkO_o

6a6yJIbkO_o

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm the chip leader with $3360 chips, 4 players left, blinds are $50/$100.
the player in cut off ($1630 chips)calls to 100, I'm on the button with QQ and I rais to 300.
Blinds fold and cut off calls, flop comes 3 4 6 rainbow.
Cut off rais all in - should I call or fold?

P.S I eventually called and he won the hand with KK but I'm still not sure if I should have folded in this situation or not.

Any experienced opinions are welcome.

Thanks

arbahool

arbahool

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would also call in that situation,but its very confusing play from that player...i would say that he had small pocket pairs but he has a monster KK...tricky situation but definetly call,because even if you lose you have a half of stack to play

wildyetty

wildyetty

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its a hard call but id make the same with your stack, but i would have him on small pair an likely hit set. your going to win that 7 out of 10 times

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The decision is correct. Anyone will tell you that you need to make a call.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a typical move of trying to hide the hand as you say the deal to catch you with your QQ kk but you had to always pay with that flop

F

fooks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have gone Allin ,d-d good map

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I would call too. But there are a lot of hands he could have there. A set is likely if you really think about it the way he shoved. I get caught like that a lot. Better luck with QQ next time.

S

Sergei

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a moot point. I would re-raise. Rather, he had a straight draw. Or simply pair with an ACE kicker.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy call. I would think most players aren't jamming with a set here. I think most would check raise all in after they get C bet. So I would have ruled out a set.

More times than not the player either has a smaller over pair / bluff / Semi bluff with straight draw. Has hit a pair and doesn't want to let another card come. Hoping that you raised with hands like AQ / AK

I would think the over pair would be less likely since the player only started with 1600 chips and called my raise of 300 when bb is 100. I would think most players would either re-raise all in or fold any smaller pairs because of blinds and stack size. With the exception of the player slow playing AA or KK which he did.

Have to call it off and if we got unlucky to run into AA / KK so be it. On to the next game.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first, you need to have a good reading of this opponent. normally the correct is to call several players play agressive whit A in hand or watching low cards at flop try to bluff. but with passive players is better fold, calling preflop is a tipical action when someone has low pairs, probably he could have take that decision because he found a set.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you are Psychic or have Negreanu-esque hand reading skills you are gonna struggle to let that hand go...

F

Foldemz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop: 3 4 6 rainbow.
Villain shoves.

It's a strange fishy move to limp call KK.

Anyways there aren't that many hands that beat you that he'd be shoving.

5,7 is never shoving, he'd more than likely want to extract more value.
5,2 probably wouldn't shove either for the same reason.
Sets probably wouldn't shove because the board isn't scary enough for them to be worried that you, the preflop aggressor would have a straight.
And you can't have a flush draw.

The cards that he would be shoving are hands like A6, A5, or 77+

It's much less likely that QQ is beat here given the fishy limp-call. He's not waking up with KK or AA very often here at all.

Good call, bad result.

L

leorulex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great decision, i call too. Dont have what to make...

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call for sure. He just called with KK thats his mistake. I mean he beat you but you cant just call on KK hopeing that someone will raise

kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looked like he was shoving to protect his hand. Then you have to ask yourself what kind of hand would he have to protect that would also be good enough to probably win at showdown. Top 10% of hands would be probable. You had QQ, which left KK, AA or AKss. Rainbow flop so no flush draw to speak of. Could have JJ there. ICM says fold I think. Just another way to think about it.

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tough to fold that one, but you had to figure he had an over pair, just like you. Sets were also possible. With you stack size, you could afford to take the risk. How did you wind up doing in the tourney?

T

Tode8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's good call...he represent top pair A kicker,if he have a set will make a value not pushing you to fold.That call its good trap but your call its right.

PershingSt

PershingSt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your call here is fine , the one adjustment I might make is to make your raise slightly bigger vs a limper preflop . As the chipleader you want to exert pressure on the smaller stacks and QQ is good premium to do it with . UL on the outcome , try not to let it get you too down as your decision here was the correct one .

J

julianocwb10

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also call this situation is more typical move that almost everyone would do this time !

N

Nik990

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I would probably call well, the situation is not unique , depending of type of player that can play up to and fold

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think call, very often opponents open small pocket pairs

J

JPainTrainSicko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Analyzing the range of the villians is important here. If he makes this play with a pair and top kicker or any over pair plus then you beat a big part of his range and that's a definite call. If its a nitty player who is only doing this type of thing with sets, straights or jj+ then its worth some extra considerations. More times than not in the games today this is a call especially considering it does not put your tournament life at risk.

Folding in Poker