Zidane steps down as Real Madrid Coach

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still remember the day 2.5 years ago when Zidane was appointed as coach.

We were losing to Barca 0-4 down at home under Rafa. White handkerchiefs were shown at the end of the game.
The players were quite unhappy with Rafa's methods within the short period of time he was as coach. Ronaldo openly blasted him. We were disqualified out of the Copa del Rey cause he fielded a suspended player.

Then came Zidane with a smile & a certain calmness that he possesses.
2.5 years have gone. And I've seen arguably the best Real Madrid team ever in my eyes.

3 Champions Leagues, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 2 Club world Cups, 1 La Liga, 1 spanish super cup in just 2.5 years! LEGENDARY!

Zidane was no tactical mastermind in many eyes. But he knew what should be done, & he knew how to handle the players very well than anybody.
Even though he steps down I don't feel sad because it's the perfect way to leave as coach & what him & the team has done for the last couple of years is quite unique.

I don't think he'd likely coach another club tbh. Maybe the france team coach would be the next target for him.

What are your opinions? Where should Zidane go next? And who should be Reals next manager?

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is better to leave 2 years earlier than a year later )). let Zidane will try a different club, and can still work out there. remember Guardiola, said that such a Barcelona will be able to train any coach, but no, it turned out. Real Madrid are waiting for the restructuring, perhaps Ronaldo and other players will leave. we need a coach who knows how to build a new team.

C

celoshida

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It became pretty clear that he lost control of the locker room. Being Real Madrid`s coach is pretty tough dealing with the fans, the press, the board, and the players. And Real Madrid was damn lucky to reach the UCL final. The team wasn't playing that well.

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still remember the day 2.5 years ago when Zidane was appointed as coach.

We were losing to Barca 0-4 down at home under Rafa. White handkerchiefs were shown at the end of the game.
The players were quite unhappy with Rafa's methods within the short period of time he was as coach. Ronaldo openly blasted him. We were disqualified out of the Copa del Rey cause he fielded a suspended player.

Then came Zidane with a smile & a certain calmness that he possesses.
2.5 years have gone. And I've seen arguably the best Real Madrid team ever in my eyes.

3 Champions Leagues, 2 UEFA Super Cups, 2 Club world Cups, 1 La Liga, 1 spanish super cup in just 2.5 years! LEGENDARY!

Zidane was no tactical mastermind in many eyes. But he knew what should be done, & he knew how to handle the players very well than anybody.
Even though he steps down I don't feel sad because it's the perfect way to leave as coach & what him & the team has done for the last couple of years is quite unique.

I don't think he'd likely coach another club tbh. Maybe the France team coach would be the next target for him.

What are your opinions? Where should Zidane go next? And who should be Reals next manager?

What was the reason for this exit? Did he want new career challenges? Could you explain please?

teteuc2

teteuc2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zidane really surprised him as a coach at Real Madrid. Already in his first great challenge and managed to be one of the best. Even with all the moral he has in the club, it is not easy to control the ego of several players of name that has in the cast of Real Madrid.

Y

yuroktexas84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably he'l go to PSG or the French national team

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zidane great coach, the results say, three times champion with Real Madrid

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When a person reaches the historical peak of the top then he begins a different story from the beginning.

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i think Pochettino will be a great coach for Real Madrid, but the team needs a reconstruction

Digitaljesus1

Digitaljesus1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This really surprised me, especially considering his achievments in last few years...

Pochettino should be their no.1 target, there is no doubt about it. Currently, there are not so many great manager avaliable - maybe Conte from Chelsea or Sarri from Napoli. Altough, I would really like to see Wenger managing some of the great european clubs like Madrid, but I am not sure if he is the right man for them at this moment.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on the one hand it is sad that he is leaving real Madrid. but on the other hand it's good that he's leaving now that the team has won so many cups. well done good coach

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
probably he'l go to PSG or the French national team

PSG hired Thomas Tuchel, and the contract ends in 2020, but it is not a bad idea to break that contract and hire Zidane, they got so much money.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a big surprise but I understand Zidane. He needs another Challenge, motivation. Money it is not a problem for him so he is looking for something else.
Maybe after the World Cup he can be France Coach... Many top teams will want him for sure. I hope he goes to AC MILAN. That team really needs to improve and get back on top of Italy and Europe... He might came back only 2019, take a few months off and have fun.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good strategic decision , he left on top of the glory and a good estimate that this is the maximum he can do. In my opinion, Zidane will take a long, well-deserved rest and will not hurry with a new team, the most logical thing is to really become a trainer of France

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think for Real will be very difficult find new coach because after Zidane , I can not imagine any modern coach who could substitute him ,I think next season will very difficult for Real

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Surprising .... It came out on top !!

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that PSG in interested in hiring like some teams in the English league, but I think that it will not have the same success as in Real Madrid.

Mootizit

Mootizit

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Zidane has proven himself as the best, both as player and manager at Real Madrid.Probably now he is looking forward for a new challenge.

D

dirtyernie

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
only what im remember about Zidane its sent off in the final of the World Cup 06 with Red Card :)

kratos

kratos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zidane Is A Legend

I think that Zinedine Zidane is a monster of soccer!He showed the world that an ex player can become an excelent coach.Long Live Zidane!

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 19
M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zidane did a great job, but in Real now I see only a recession, notwithstanding three victories in a row in the Champions League. The real changes are needed

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I admire Zidane-he is a great coach(as well as he was a great player). I wish he could train our Russian football team but I too love Zizi to talk about it because our players are the worst who could ever been found on planet Earth. They are lazy and want just get a lot of money and have fun-but not to work hard and win.

ssi8

ssi8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's not a tactician. He is not Guardiola, with his desire to see a field of squares, triangles, and still not know what, not Sarri, with his many schemes for all occasions, not Mourinho, with his essentially one but still uncharacteristic tactic, neither Clopp, who also one tactic, under the soles of the players, multiplied by courage from speed. Zidane's game is the use of the best qualities of players of his star composition with tips from him depending on the situation on the field. In the next season, this will not be enough, Zidane understands this, that's why he left - he could not. Not yet? ..