Zenith Saint Petersburg

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been a Zenit fan for 16 years. There were victories and bitterness of defeat for the time that I remember. But I have never seen anything like this for our champion in the Champions League group to perform so poorly. What do you think gentlemen, what is the failure and failure of Zenith this season?

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been a Zenit fan for 16 years. There were victories and bitterness of defeat for the time that I remember. But I have never seen anything like this for our champion in the Champions League group to perform so poorly. What do you think gentlemen, what is the failure and failure of Zenith this season?
This is not only a problem of Zenit, but of all Russian football. And in the near future nothing good will be either at the team level or at the club level.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All depends on the quality of the league of the current team. The Russian football league is very poor. The teams as well and when for example 16 teams are playing each other in the league and go in Europe, the match there it is shown what the level is. Same here in Bulgaria, our two most successful teams in the last years - Ludogorets and CSKA played in Europa league and our champions lost all their 6 matches and CSKA won 5 points, because the level in Bulgarian league is awful. The other 12 teams are phenomenal disappointment. Everything is depended on the staff of the union in the federations of the football in each country.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is not a failure of Zenit, this is a failure of the entire Russian championship. We are slower, our clubs do not have enough strength for the second half. Zenit will not win this year, you will see a faster team will win the RPL.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Unfortunately, for Russian fans, their teams are not competitive enough to play the Uefa Champions League nor the Europa League.But don´t worry since there are many countries in the same situation.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember watching Everton beat them in the Europa Group in 2007 (actually I think it was still called the UEFA cup back then!) when you went on to win it. In fact without James Vaughn's late winner in Alkmar I don't think you'd have reached the knock-out stages, so you owe us !

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you guys for your answers! I will also assume that due to the pandemic this season there was a very busy schedule of matches. Therefore, Russian clubs failed in Europe, physics was not enough for all matches at a high pace. In the European championships, the teams are used to playing after 2 days for the third.

G

GuTs16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We need European managers to bring up our level in the domestic league.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We need European managers to bring up our level in the domestic league.
I still think it's time to completely remove the limit on legionnaires, it only hurts our football.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am Argentine and without offending the Russian league I do not find it attractive. I follow almost all the players from my country when they emigrate to Europe but when they arrive in Russia they disappear from the football radar. I think that for that league to improve, they should compete better at the European level, in champions.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Football in Russia is a graveyard for football players. Unfortunately.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am Argentine and without offending the Russian league I do not find it attractive. I follow almost all the players from my country when they emigrate to Europe but when they arrive in Russia they disappear from the football radar. I think that for that league to improve, they should compete better at the European level, in champions.
Everyone has their own opinion, I partly agree with you. But I don’t think that we have the weakest league, no weaker than the Argentine and Brazilian, that's for sure. It's hard for us to compete with Europe, it's true. In recent years, we have played poorly in the Champions League and the Europa League.:(

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Malcom playing well there? It seems he had some injuries and he is not at his best performance.

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are exaggerating too much. Well, not to the same extent))

The most annoying thing is that it is. Among the foreign players who played , I remember only Ivanovic and Vidic.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most annoying thing is that it is. Among the foreign players who played , I remember only Ivanovic and Vidic.
What about Hulk, Witsel, Danny, Krishito, Garay, Schurlle, Wagner Love, Carvalho, Krasic, Olic and other top players. Now I'm tired of just listing many of them ..:)

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Is Malcom playing well there? It seems he had some injuries and he is not at his best performance.
Malcolm plays on a level. Yes, he had injuries, which is very unpleasant. But he recovered and I believe that he will help Zenit, both in the Russian championship and in the next season of the Champions League.:)

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about Hulk, Witsel, Danny, Krishito, Garay, Schurlle, Wagner Love, Carvalho, Krasic, Olic and other top players. Now I'm tired of just listing many of them ..:)

From this list, only Olic played at a decent level.:D

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s immediately obvious that you don’t understand football at all. :D
I would also like to find a common language with a Zenit fan. After Zenit, most football players are not good for much. It is enough to compare all those who moved from Dynamo to Zenit. They left Dynamo at the peak, and then they went nowhere.:D:D:D