You think the return of sports is hasty even without an audience.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it was very premature to return to sports even without an audience, I think I should have expected some vaccine or something that does not allow contagion.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Not all sports and/or leagues havent returned completely behind closed doors so that's good actually i guess ...

Still with (limited amount of) fans or not it's still 1000 times better to have sports back rather than no sports at all

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think baseball made a big mistake to be honest. While I dont blame them for wanting to get back to play they made an error not somehow playing in a bubble. Flying into and out of area's that are having a bigger outbreak is just stupid. We will see what happens with hockey and basketball but I think basketball has it right. Hopefully they can play it out.

As for football, my team has not played for the last few seasons anyways so if the cancel the season it wont hurt as badly. to be honest, I am not sure thy can do the season. I love this game but just dont want to see the season get stopped or canceled mid way.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I do think we need to heal the world, than we can think about sports.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They could allow a specific small number of spectators in the stadiums , or some very big stadiums only . Anyway , better have sport events , with or without fans in the arenas , rather than no sports at all . Hope everythimg goes back to normality soon

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this country professional sports have been very strict with regular testing and strict measures. The players are probably in a safer environment that the rest of the population. I think the return of football even behind closed doors was a success and certainly lifted a lot of people after the depressing lock down and endless repeats and other rubbish on tv. I know I watched more youtube during lockdown because I was fed up with miserable news and repeats.

Whether it is sustainable for clubs to continue without spectators or not could well become an issue. But for now I'm fine with it as it is.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The return of sports in my opinion is premature. Everything is not settled. To me its stupidity by owners and especially the commissioners. Player safety is number one and yet these sports have to return? That to me is unacceptable.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My answer would be yes. I'm not sure when it'll be safe enough to have team sports. If one person has the virus, before anyone is aware of it, many players may have already been infected.

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that we must adapt and start to live with this vitus.I know that is risky but people need to work if not they will die of hunger so i think it is a good idea that sports are returning

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Sports and entertainment suffer without spectators in the stands. Unfortunately, these are the times we live in and we have to adapt to them.

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My real concern is in the winter time. I am just hoping that the numbers do not spike where sports that start up have to be taken down in the middle of the season (I am looking at you MLB and NFL)

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The return of sports is a pleasant distraction while spending time in lockdown. While many parts of the world are opening up, I am still reluctant to be close to people. The coronavirus is not to be treated lightly.
In North America, hockey and basketball have done it right - put all the necessary people in a self-contained bubble and keep them there until the season ends. Hockey made the right decision to play in canada, where leadership believes in medical science and forced the NHL to adapt appropriate safety measures.
The NBA has done a decent job of isolating as well, except they have created their bubble in a hotbed of the virus. (Go Raptors).
Baseball has really screwed up. At least the Toronto Blue Jays have to stay in the USA. Canada will not permit teams coming and going from the USA.

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s nice to have sports back even without fans

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do for the nhl and nba. What if we get to the finals and one team loses a bunch of players to the virus. Shoulda just written them off. MLB is fine i guess, havent payed attention to what scedule they re going with. They play too many games anyway. I dont really care much about any league that dosent start with n and end in hl though and the games have been great thus far.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if all the activities are returning little by little, the sports should also return. At least professional practice. The deterioration suffered by an athlete due to lack of training does not compare with the lack of activity of any other professional.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The Premier League and the league below it restarted in June behind closed doors. While I accept it was right to complete the season (and I think, contractually, they HAD to or they'd lose so many millions/billions from TV companies, sponsors etc), I feel they should have just played until the title, europe and relegation had been decided. Any matches in which neither side were involved in the above (in other words, both teams could only finish between 8th/9th and 17th), for me, should have been voided.
I also think the FA Cup should have waited until fans were allowed back in before resuming. Luckily the 4 teams who reached Wembley are ones who regular go there anyway, but the FA Cup is all about the fans and not being able to attend the final (and look forward to attending it etc) and see your team lift the trophy just seems wrong. For the same reason I think Liverpool's trophy presentation should have only happened with fans there - even if they don't defend their title, they'll keep the trophy until towards the end of next season so it wasn't like there was any rush.
Just my thoughts

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Our lives has changed with this pandemic.and obviously sports too.Today there will be Champions League matches and even without fans I am eager to watch them.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars