woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
so this thread is for the baseball enthusiast. II""M A RAYS FAN. as you see winning isn't what I'm about. This is the team that made me fall back in love with baseball, watching Joe Madden wield his magic giving purpose to these talented boys. I will be posting about them and other teams I've come to admire. I don.t bet on baseball, I used to fantasy,which got me to look at other teams but I also lost being able to root for MY team, so I gave it up. I would appreciate no betting stats in here.

ok so what I have so far is...
i bought a flex pass....that's a 5 game ticket you can use throughout the year for seats..now my fav seats are not apart of this but i've had my eye on some that are and this will be a good way to try out new seats. wish me luck...but i'm all about the meal and 3 beers i have at the pub downtown before i get to the game. No letters...i take a trolley from the place and have the whole game to sober up before driving back home..beer is EXPENSIVE at the park.

I also did another first....I bought a Spring Training first day ticket! so february 23rd 130 in Port charlotte (my first time going to this stadium).

I hope all of you are making plans to support your teams this year. Love to hear about it.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've only been to Spring Training once, but if I lived in Florida or Arizona, I'd be living at the ballparks in March. The price is better, the players and staff more approachable, and you see a lot of prospects and invitees.

More than anything else this year, I'm looking forward to seeing Shohei Otani pitch and hit in the Majors. It would be great to see him warming up to the task in Arizona.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Toronto Blue Jays fan here!!! Nice thread Sue,,will b following 4 sure:hello: I`d rather play than watch,but the playoffs are a must watch,,,:top: Love baseball! :bebored:

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Former die hard Mets fan...I don't know where my passion went for the team. I just kind of watch them from afar now, wishing them the best...the change is kind of sad.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
EVAN LONGORIA

He's with the Giants this year ...I miss him already.

Anxious to see how the team fares without him.

He's been with us since 2006.

He's 32 this year but still harnesses a strong baseball presence.

I wish him luck .....but I wish the Rays more!

Making their way to the playoffs without him and

Rasmus, LoMo and Duda is gonna take some stepping up by others.

Hoping Brad Miller has had a breakthrough this off season

and can manage first base better!

Will Duffy rule third?

:confused:

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
ok so I'm off to Port Charolette Friday for the spring training opener for the Ray vs Pirates game at 1:30 pm.
It's a 3 hour drive so off early:driver:....

I've never been to this stadium. It's open ..I'm used to the TROP domed, airconditioned ...
:hmmmm:not sure if i will be able to take it ..we will see....
not worried if i can't stay for whole game...
looking forward to mingling with ball players before game.
I've been told they are more relaxed before the pre season games...
I'm so excited ..
Hope i won't be disappointed but ready to except whatever comes
. :icon_cheeGO RAYS GO!:icon_chee

Last edited:
imhighhommie

imhighhommie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Former Ranger's season ticket holder. I live down in Austin now so won't be able to go to many games this year. I will be going to many Round Rock games though! Can't wait!!

Side note: this is going to be the worst team the Rangers have put out there in quite some time lol

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Got my Blake Snell bobble head..woohoo...yikes ride was 4 hours.....traffic brutal from tampa down and back again.Parking 10 bucks ...got the last handicap parking spot a good hour before game time.....ok Port Charlotte Sports Park home to the Tampa Bays class A advanced affiliate, Charlotte Stone Crabs, it's time to add another lane of HC parking.
Security has heightened ..bottle cop lady grabs my one bottle of water allowed in BP, turns the cap and says its opened, I had pulled it out of cooler unopened just before exiting car....I think she had super human strength and i had to keep saying it wasnt opened for her to graciously allow my bottle access to see it's beloved Rays....sigh ....next stop...the wand guy ...ok across the front he caught a beep on my back so i say "its my bra" he goes "no mam, no bra here" so bottle cop lady had to feel me up acrossed my back as the police guy approaches me...I'm thinking i'm gonna have to pull off my shirt just to get in...fianlly they all agree its my bra ...next stop 5 feet away is ticket guy ..he goes "looks like you are legal"..lol.. I say back "I don't know these lethal bras..we need to crack down on them getting into the park"
So I get to my seat in the sun ..slathered SPF 30 ..it was somewhat cloudy and breezy so I never got to overwhelmed but by 7th inning stretch I take off score was 6 to 3 and looks like how that ended it ....
Saw alot of new faces ....Duffy on third(replaces longo) looked good this his first game ..Miller on first(had some probs mastering that position last season) looked so good this first game....alot of new names! Nuno,, sands and more, looks like i got some reading to do Lucy.....
I'm glad I went .....Not sure I'll go again, this season at least ...but looking forward to Season openers at the Trop!
“People ask me what I do in the winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” —Rogers Hornsby

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES

i love baseball,always been a braves fans growing up,but when i moved from nc to va there wasnt anyway to watch them unless i pay extra,so,i starting watching the nats on masn,well i quickly fell in love with them and thats my team now,sry braves youll always have a place in my heart.cant waqit for the 2 words i so love.......PLAY BALL:cool:

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't wait for the season to start!!! I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan!!!:D:D

B

BigSlick20

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm read for the season to start! Was always a reds fan.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
90FA762C-715F-45EE-9765-B9BE1131841F-2993-000001D207224A02_tmp.jpg

CullinanPoker

CullinanPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So love baseball season!!! Not only does the weather start to change for the better but I get to watch my boys of summer do their thing. =) I was born and bred a Red Sox fan and that will never change. Unfortunately the Yankees made some bold moves this offseason so theyll be tough to edge out.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I grew up watching the Atlanta Braves on TBS. Still watch them often but wouldn't say I'm a huge Braves fan.

I love minor league baseball more than the majors. I try to get to a few games to support the local team and my retirement goal is to travel the U.S. visiting as many minor league parks as I can. The Pensacola Blue Wahoos Stadium is on the list for sure.

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's difficult being a Braves fan.... Pretty sure the front office has just given up on the next 2 years.

A

asalco94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mayor League Baseball

The beginning of the baseball season is approaching, what is your favorite team and also who do you think is arming to become a champion? My favorite team is the LA Dodgers, I hope they remain champions.

N

nmate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have a baseball team. Usually root for the underdog in postseason.

woohoo sue

woohoo sue

Brings Laughter
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
oh i'm so happy to see im not alone....so i still havent scheduled my flex pass i have 5 games to go to...never had one of these either ..man i'm doing a lot of first this year....I will let you know how it goes...PLAY BALL....yup sounds good to me too!

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The beginning of the baseball season is approaching, what is your favorite team and also who do you think is arming to become a champion? My favorite team is the LA Dodgers, I hope they remain champions.

Don't you have to win a championship to remain champions? :p

D

DUSTIN BRYAN

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes!! glad baseball is almost here. the few months between the end of football season and baseball season get boring. i'm and braves fan and i seen some preseason highlights of some of my team's new upcoming players and it looks promising

C

crash211

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm definitely ready for the season to start. Big time Rays fan. I'll admit I miss Joe Maddon, but I do like Kevin Cash. I'm always optimistic about my team even though we got rid of the best players. I guess it's time to rebuild. GO RAYS!

ingybingy

ingybingy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe that the Braves sent their best prospect down to the minors.
Other than Freddy Freeman the Braves really don't have that much talent. Even with a new stadium they aren't going to be selling out any games anytime soon without some stars.
In my opinion, they are going to have to take a gamble and bring up the untested minor leaguers or make some trades.

T

TDTODDY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phillies! We have kids, decent vets, and hearts full of hope. It's fun to watch this team again.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never bet on betting with baseball sport.Which baseball teams are best on which we should bet?

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yankees are going tobe a tough team to beat most nights