Year of the rookie WR's

K

Kongol

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know its starting to become more and more of a passing league every year. But its a pretty incredible that a lot of the rookie wide receivers from this years draft class are all doing really good. Sammy watkins, Mike evans, kelvin benjamin, allan hurns, brandon cooks, allen robinson, martavis bryant (5 touchdowns in basically 4-5 games of playing), john brown, and even beckam in his short time playing. Some drafts its hard to find 3-4 Great/really good WR's but its just crazy when you have some drafts like these that have legitimate 4 or so all stars in 2-3 years.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree.

It's going to be exciting to see all of these guys a few years from now when they get a bit more developed & adapt to the NFL.

A few records may be broke in the future.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe all but Martavis Bryant and John Brown are #1 or #2 on their teams. Some of those teams had players leave (CAR Steve Smith and NYG Hakeem Nicks), SUSP (Josh Gordon CLE), or injuries, or some combination thereof. Saints lost Sproles (essentially a WR), Graham and P Thomas for awhile. Jags really scored with Hurns and Robinson, but IDK about Bortles. lol

The only one or two of these guys that's been real consistent in my fantasy leagues are Benjamin and maybe Cooks.It's been a super sick year in my fantasy leagues with injuries, and guys like AP and Rice. So long Moreno, you were great for that 1st week. Then picked up Doug Martin in 2 league - for NO GOOD REASON. Guy that were supposed to do great did NOTHING, and guys you didn't expect to step up were solid (Ahmad Bradshaw). but I digress. lol

But agreed, a lot of WRs developing very early. The RBs usually don't take as long, but thus far nothing for a couple (looking at you, Sankey - I dropped your ass yesterday for Shaun Suisham, a kicker).

Last edited:
K

Kongol

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(looking at you, Sankey - I dropped your ass yesterday for Shaun Suisham, a kicker).
l
lol, that is what makes fantasy football so crazy is guys that are suppposed to be amazing, but dont, and some pepople you never heard of are the same guys being drafted in round 1 or 2 hoping to be the same as last year.

I agree Benjamin and cooks have been good this year, but even statistically watkins is definitely in there in my mind, of course a little biased (being from Buffalo) but he seems to be like that guy they invisioned when they traded up for him. Not only the big catches and touchdowns, but he is really really tough. He was playing injured the first couple games and you can see it on every play, but he toughs it out everygame.

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(looking at you, Sankey - I dropped your ass yesterday for Shaun Suisham, a kicker).
l
lol, that is what makes fantasy football so crazy is guys that are suppposed to be amazing, but dont, and some pepople you never heard of are the same guys being drafted in round 1 or 2 hoping to be the same as last year.

I agree Benjamin and cooks have been good this year, but even statistically watkins is definitely in there in my mind, of course a little biased (being from Buffalo) but he seems to be like that guy they invisioned when they traded up for him. Not only the big catches and touchdowns, but he is really really tough. He was playing injured the first couple games and you can see it on every play, but he toughs it out everygame.

Sammy Watkins and Martavis Bryant a couple of beasts from Clemson they are straight up ballers. I think Odell Beckham Jr. might actually be the best wide out(unfortunately for Dallas) that kid is amazing, watching him in college was great but I had no idea he'd be this good this fast I thought it might take a year. Hopefully next year the Cowboys can get a good DB and toughen up the front 7 of that defense, they really need a pick me up.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems to be a banner/record year for rookie WRs. I picked up Jarvis Landry all over the place. There were 2 Jags prospects, but what a waste. Been an even much stranger year for the run game.

420FLuSH024

420FLuSH024

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This might have been one of the strongest drafts at the wide out position I'm not going to sit here and list all of them but its a long list of highly talented receivers. The margin of talent seems to increase as the years go on, it makes it hard to imagine where the game will be in 25 years or so..