World Cup of Soccer or Olympic Gold Medal?

Would you rather win the World Cup of Soccer or an Olympic Gold Medal?

• World Cup of Soccer

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Olympic Gold Medal

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
With the risk of closing on this discussion rather early, I would say: World Cup Soccer Title holders are well known, compared to Olympic Soccer Title holders :p

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that even the victory of my team in the European Football Championship, would be very milestone event, than the Olympic gold. perhaps new tournament among the European national teams---the League of Nations will be more significant too. the answer about the World Cup is obvious.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a very interesting topic. I think soccer is one of the few sports where a World Cup winning worth more than a Olympics gold medal (for most of the soccer players). Both happens in every 4th years. The nations send their best teams for the World Cup. World Cup has more viewers, fans, support in soccer...so I can understand it.

But if I would be a sportsman, an Olympics gold medal would be the best thing I want in any sport.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
I'd prefer to NOT win either of these things :cool:

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd prefer to NOT win either of these things :cool:
strangely from you to hear it, how from the football fan. and if in the future, the team of Estonia wins league D in the League of Nations of UEFA and after the permit to the European Football Championship. wouldn't you be glad? didn't you want to win it too?

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
strangely from you to hear it, how from the football fan. and if in the future, the team of Estonia wins league D in the League of Nations of UEFA and after the permit to the European Football Championship. wouldn't you be glad? didn't you want to win it too?

We win Group D in Nations League ... Yeah sure we cant even win local Baltic Cup lol - like last time we actually won it was before World War II ...

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the soccer world cup is more prestigious than an Olympic gold medal, the ls Olympics are only spoken during the event then it is forgotten but soccer is spoken all the time and is always remembered no matter how many years pass after winning it

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Olympic gold - is the ceiling of skill!

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Olympic Medal-it’s more valuable to my mind

A

Ananke222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Olympic gold medal
It's a memory for the whole life)))

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Normally the World Cup has a more special aura, but next summer I will look forward to watching the Olympics because my country, Romania qualified after 56 years at a new Olympics, with the national football team. It will be extraordinary, especially since the previous participation was also in Japan at the 1964 Tokyo edition. :p;):rolleyes:

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll say the world cup. Seems like a bigger title to win it all.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Olympic gold by far. It's the apex of every sport it includes. You have two guys and one is like check out my world cup, and everyone is like oh man, that's cool, congratulations. The other one is like congrats, that's awesome,.. but do you have one of these... it's the proverbial mic drop moment.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i say world cup over olympic gold

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I was surprised by the results , I would expect everyone to vote for the word football cup gold medal , lol :D

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
Football is the most popular sport, team sport. It’s prestigious to become a world football champion. However, it is better to be a runner Bolt or swimmer Phelps than some kind of world champion in the champion team, which then few people will remember. Therefore, everything is decided in the same way by individual skill, personality and his contribution to history.

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning the Olympic Games is more prestigious.But this does not apply to football.Winning the European Championship,World Championship and America s Cup is much more prestigious.

S

SMOKIN_ACES

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I say Fifa World Cup because it focuses only on soccer where in the summer Olympics, you have other sports besides soccer to focus on. Also the viewers are more familiar with the champions of Fifa World Cup rather than soccer Olympic games.

W

Waruj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Olympic Gold. I've played soccer many years, quite good, was big fan of FC Barcelona, but now i'm old and things change.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

for my country definitely winning a world cup would be more meaningful , i would ecstatic!
but on a personal level as an ex swimmer , winning an olympic gold medal was a dream of mine so there is that haha

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.I´d choose with no doubt the World Cup of Soccer.I prefer to watch it instead of the Olympic Games even if my national team didn´t qualify..

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t know how you can compare it, amateurs and the world championship play at the Olympiad, more teams pay more attention to this tournament, so I think the World Champions Cup is much more prestigious to get.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A football world title would be fantastic, but it also sounds good to be an Olympic champion. So both can come in that order. :D