World Cup Quarterfinals: Breaking Down the Matchups

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this will be a very forgettable final 8.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this will be a very forgettable final 8.

Yeah im sure everyone will forget them in one of the most memorable World Cups in recent history....

Please dont comment stuff if you dont know what you're talking about :)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah im sure everyone will forget them in one of the most memorable World Cups in recent history....

Stop being so salty.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I resemble that remark!

Probably a typo. It does look pretty sweet. The semis are pretty evenly matched, with arguably the two most talent laden teams (brazil/Belgium) beating each other up for a birth in the quarters.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I see you are hopeful England will win their 2nd world cup. it is possible as this year has been a record for penalty shots and they have diving down to an art.

haha honestly though. its just been a lot more boring to watch then others. a lot of not so typical teams to see in top 8.

I personally just havent enjoyed the quality of the game.

it was truly painful to watch columbia and england. there was a whistle every 30 seconds. lots of roughness and diving from both sides. 7 yellow cards were handed out.

Ducky7

Ducky7

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see you are hopeful England will win their 2nd world cup. it is possible as this year has been a record for penalty shots and they have diving down to an art.

haha honestly though. its just been a lot more boring to watch then others. a lot of not so typical teams to see in top 8.

I personally just havent enjoyed the quality of the game.

it was truly painful to watch columbia and england. there was a whistle every 30 seconds. lots of roughness and diving from both sides. 7 yellow cards were handed out.

So because of one of the games in the round of 16 wasnt enjoyable for yo. You come out with a stupid comment like it will be forgetful. Some teams who have never been here before are in it so I'm sure they will forget it... As will everyone who is calling it one of the best World Cups of all time.

As for England. If you think any of the penalties they have had aren't blatant penalties then you really know nothing about Football. At no point did any English player dive apart from Maguire, who got up and waved to the referee it wasn't a penalty. My opinion is obviously going to be biased towards England but my football knowledge is not. The yellows you are referring to, some should have been red. Neither side has said the referee was good and it was very clear he had no control of the game

You really a clueless if you think because Columbia tried to flat out cheat that it is going to make boring quarter finals, because not every team is like that.

france beat argentina 4-2 and they now play Uruguay (will this be forgetful)
A hyped Belgium team who won a thrilling 3-2 game in the last minute take on Brazil.

What a snooze fest we are in for...

As I said before please do not comment when you are completely clueless about football, just sit there in your pile of salt doing whatever it is you do

K thx bye

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are four intense and interesting games. I wish successful game of the national team of Uruguay. The France-Uruguay match will be the most interesting of all. I think that next will be Uruguay, Belgium, England and Croatia.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So because of one of the games in the round of 16 wasnt enjoyable for yo. You come out with a stupid comment like it will be forgetful. Some teams who have never been here before are in it so I'm sure they will forget it... As will everyone who is calling it one of the best World Cups of all time.

As for England. If you think any of the penalties they have had aren't blatant penalties then you really know nothing about Football. At no point did any English player dive apart from Maguire, who got up and waved to the referee it wasn't a penalty. My opinion is obviously going to be biased towards England but my football knowledge is not. The yellows you are referring to, some should have been red. Neither side has said the referee was good and it was very clear he had no control of the game

You really a clueless if you think because Columbia tried to flat out cheat that it is going to make boring quarter finals, because not every team is like that.

France beat Argentina 4-2 and they now play Uruguay (will this be forgetful)
A hyped Belgium team who won a thrilling 3-2 game in the last minute take on Brazil.

What a snooze fest we are in for...

As I said before please do not comment when you are completely clueless about football, just sit there in your pile of salt doing whatever it is you do

K thx bye
You sound so salty

papi1207

papi1207

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is amazing world cup !!!
- organisation is on top (high level security, very friendly atmosphere, beautifully arenas,etc.)
- so far we saw some spectacular games (Spain-portugal, France-Argentina, Belgium-Japan)
- many unpredictable results (S.Korea-germany 2:0 WHAAAT???) many big teams busted early
- plenty of great plays and great moves from well known and less known players
- excitement guaranteed with real drama especially if your national team is playing
- implementation of VAR brings new dimension with great improvement (just like air-bag in the car, it's not 100% safe but I like to have it)

cheers :beer:

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cheer for Brazil))) Hope they will get the champiomship

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I think on Friday's games: brasil and Uruguay will advance!

Would be pity for the promising squad of Belgium, but I do not think Brasil will loose that quarterfinal.

The games on Saturday are unpredictable, still I would bet on England to advance to the semifinals, we will see :top:

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Personally, I believe this is a VERY entertaining World Cup. It's expected that a few will not find this series as entertaining - that's just the way it is. If we look at the World Cup thread, the majority will likely agree with me (and a bunch more). :)

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I think France-Uruguay will be very boring game, probably will finish something like 1-0. france has a fantastic squad, but they play very slow, positional football. they are good at counter attacks, but they won't have counter attacking chances against Uruguay. I read today that Cavani will not be ready for France game, it's a huge problem for them, they have nobody to replace him. I think France will take this game 1-0, 2-0.

Brazil-Belgium might be very interesting. Both teams full of amazing talents, but Brazil is more well rounded. Belgium plays with three stoppers, and no real full backs. Center-backs are kinda slow and disorganized, and they are not very organized in offense too. Eden Hazard is ignoring KDB for some reason, this will be problem in high level games like this. i think Brazil is taking this match 3-1 or 3-0.

sweden-England, not very exciting. Could go either way, probably England will take it.

Russia-Croatia, Croatia is a better team in all departments. Croatia is more aggressive than Spain, they will not do hundred parallel passes before deciding to go for the goal. Croatia will take it 2-0.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The video review is one positive about it though. This could of been very helpful in previous years

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this World Cup the best because we observe it now. also each subsequent World Cup will be the best, and it is normal.
the match Brazil - Belgium looks the strongest because both teams have strong players and at the necessary age, also the players substituting strengthen the game.
Uruguay - France. at France the team looks stronger, but Uruguay is well ready and won all 4 matches.
for me both matches aren't predictable today. I wait for beautiful and spectacular soccer and of course drama events.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
these quarterfinals offer two great matches ... Brazil-Belgium and Uruguay-France ... because I'm from America I hope Brazil and Uruguay win their respective matches ... it will not be easy ... it's been a full world cup of surprises ...!

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Here are my predictions

Uruguay Vs France - France win - 2-1
Brazil Vs Belgium - Belgium win 2 - 1, 3 -1

England Vs Sweden - England win (yup on penalties again)
Russia Vs Croatia - Croatia win, easily - 3 - 0, 4 - 0

After that, Belgium win their semi and then beat England in the final. Oh so nearly, but good performance by England team. :top:

Just had a quick thought, shows what the world cup can do? A Canadian starting this thread, means it is truly world wide event, and nice to see sport, in its prime. I will also add that Russia have done a fantastic job organising this, but you do notice that FIFA has too-many fingers in the pot, cos let's be honest some of these referees don't look like they have even refereed a Under-12's match.

P.s Shell, I'm surprised you didn't ask why is it not on ice? :rofl:

A

Aglarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I like the unpredictable results we are getting in this world cup I'm also sad that extremely defensive tactics are proving so successful.
Germany left in the first phase after being the team that created the most attacks??
Both Spain and Germany were the teams with the most possession and both are out??
Looks like tiki taka is dying and the new trending is giving up the ball and counter attacking, doesn't look good for the future...

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here are my predictions

Uruguay Vs France - France win - 2-1
Brazil Vs Belgium - Belgium win 2 - 1, 3 -1

England Vs Sweden - England win (yup on penalties again)
Russia Vs Croatia - Croatia win, easily - 3 - 0, 4 - 0

After that, Belgium win their semi and then beat England in the final. Oh so nearly, but good performance by England team. :top:

Just had a quick thought, shows what the world cup can do? A Canadian starting this thread, means it is truly world wide event, and nice to see sport, in its prime. I will also add that Russia have done a fantastic job organising this, but you do notice that FIFA has too-many fingers in the pot, cos let's be honest some of these referees don't look like they have even refereed a Under-12's match.

P.s Shell, I'm surprised you didn't ask why is it not on ice? :rofl:

Ooooo, soccer on ice! What a novel idea! :D

That would be tough around here these days with temperatures hovering over the 30C mark.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
congrats France, it's always nice to see a player like Suarez lose.