World Cup - does anybody from the US care?

Aslachiewicz

Aslachiewicz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wanted to find out everybodies take on the world cup since The United States did not qualify this time around. I could care less about any of the games to tell you the truth, but I have some friends who are going nuts for foreign countries and these soccer players that I have never even heard of. Does anybody from the US really care?

Duraphig

Duraphig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only watch the World Cup if the US is in it, even then I am usually playing a game or something and have it on in the background. I just haven't gotten into soccer enough to care otherwise. I can appreciate a sick goal but not waiting 90 minutes to see it.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
While there are a number of American members here at CC, there are quite a few from the rest of the world, I guess the same question could apply to all countries who did not make it to the World Cup?

I thoroughly enjoy the World Cup or Euro Cup series and being from canada. (before you say anything about Canadian teams in any other sport than hockey, pretty sure Canadians are aware. :))

M

mj23b

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most people from the us watch english soccer over us soccer anyway so yes they care. all the good players dont play here us soccer is low class

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never got it to be honest. Soccer is like the most popular sport in every corner of the whole world except USA.